Trusted Contributor

I watched The View from Monday and Ralph Macchio was on.  He was in all the Karate Kid movies.   He is 60.  I am 60.   He looks so young.  He could pass as my son, and I'm a young looking 60.   Smiley Happy

He doesn't age.   It is amazing.  They showed a clip from the TV show he's on Cobra Kai, and in the headband from The Karate Kid, he looks the just about the same.

I want what he uses.   At 80, he'll look 50.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Does He Look So Young?

He was 25 when he played the Karate Kid. The character in the 1st movie was supposed to be 14 or 15 so Ralph Macchio always looked younger than he was. Good genes and maybe a little plastic surgery helps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll go with good genes.  My mother's youngest brother was 5 years older than me.  Even into his late 40s he would get carded when trying to buy alcohol.  Restuarant, convenience store, super market or liquor store all carded him.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Some people just look younger than their years. Plus it helps when you have a full head of hair like he does, too. His hair is so thick and no grays, probably colors it maybe. I'm 66yo and my hair is very dark brown with no grays at all. I'm one of those people who looks much younger than my years. But when I was young I didn't like it one bit.

Trusted Contributor

Ralph seems to be one of those lucky men who have a "baby face" and look younger than they are no matter how old they get...John Schneider is another one...there are several...but it never seems to be women...how unfair is that? 

Honored Contributor

Ralph Macchio 2018.jpg

I don't know, I think he looks 60.

And people look all kinds of different ages at the same age so yes I do think it is mostly genes to start.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think he wears a toupee or has had a hair transplant maybe. Whatever the case, his hair looks good.

Honored Contributor

He didnt look all that young when he did DWTS several years ago, looked his age. 

Honored Contributor

Looks 40 ish

probably stays out of sun

no wife or kids LOL

Honored Contributor

People that are "cute" rather than pretty or handsome seem to look younger.  Another example of cute is Sally Field.