Honored Contributor

Re: How Did I Never Hear This Bee Gees..........................

It's my favorite BeeGees song!

Honored Contributor

Great song!!!

Another fav: "To Love Somebody" 💗

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow, I loved that song but I never knew they were saying Fanny.  I actually liked them more before their disco era.. Those guys harmony and incredible vocal range were way under rated.

I remember when Andy Gibb died so young.  He and Victoria Principal had been an item and had recorded a redux of All I Have To Do Is Dream which got lots of radio play.  

Frequent Contributor

What a nice way to bring in my day on the deck with coffee.  I'm one of those odd balls that has a bee gees station on Pandora, I've always loved this song.  Our town has a wonderful theater that had a show several years ago that featured the music of The Bee Gees.  Was fabulous!   They played a song that I had never heard, was blown away, and I rushed home to hear the you tube version. ----- Spirits Having Flown!   Those guys were amazing!  

Honored Contributor

How did I miss this thread? 🤣

I’m a huge Bee Gees fan - any and all eras. Yes, Barry still makes me weak in the knees. 🤣💕 it should be illegal for one man to be that good looking and talented.

Quincy Jones once said that “Fanny” was the perfect R&B song. They did not perform it live because it had several dozen backing vocals with Barry singing multiple layers of falsetto. They felt they couldn’t do justice to the song live.

I’m glad I got to see them perform in concert once. I truly wish that I got to see them more, especially the 1989 One for All tour. I think they were really in their prime during that tour. There are videos available on YouTube if you are interested.

Barry and his beautiful wife Linda still live in Miami Beach and have been married 52 years.
Honored Contributor

Love their sound. That opening scene with John Travolta walking and them singing gives me chills-head to toe.

Respected Contributor

https://youtu.be/xjmRMumN8xY

Here's the song.....from 1975...right before they hit the big time with Saturday Night Fever...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then came 1977....remember that year? Saturday Night Fever....

https://youtu.be/fy0rYUvn7To

"More than a Woman" dance scene.....what a movie!!! 

How on EARTH can it be FORTY FIVE years ago?!?!?!

Respected Contributor

It was always one of my favorite songs of theirs. It certainly got a lot of airplay in this region.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I love that song too and search Youtube for it often!