Respected Contributor

Re: How Dean McDermott’s Money Woes Are Impacting His Son Jack, 18 years old

I read a long time ago that Candy does pay for the Grandkids private school & clothes. Tori spent tons of money as a teenager & never learn the value of a dollar, Candy is fed up with Tori's spending. She did give Tori a baby shower for the last one. I have friends & family that live way beyond their money too and figure out someday this is all going to catch up with them. So far they are still in that lifestyle. 

Trusted Contributor

Like another poster questioned...why, oh why, would broke people have FIVE kids???

Esteemed Contributor

I have absolutely no sympathy for either Dean or Tori. Poor little rich girl dumped her first husband for this loser, has popped out kids at a rapid pace, even endangering her own life, puts all over of their dirty laundry on air that some day her kids will see, if they haven't already, and continues to spend money like it grows on trees. No wonder her dad didn't leave her a big sum. Perhaps if she actually had to live the way the majority of people live, she'd learn some responsibility. Dean, to me is and always was a loser. They deserve each other.

Honored Contributor

@sissel I read that in several places too.  

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I read a long time ago that Candy does pay for the Grandkids private school & clothes. Tori spent tons of money as a teenager & never learn the value of a dollar, Candy is fed up with Tori's spending. She did give Tori a baby shower for the last one. I have friends & family that live way beyond their money too and figure out someday this is all going to catch up with them. So far they are still in that lifestyle. 

Don't believe everything you read.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I don't believe everything but saw the beautiful baby shower with a train think Candy spent over $25,000 for the shower also Candy does make sure the Grandkids are taken care of as far as school. Candy is just upset with Tori & Dean and will not help them. Tori feels she is entitled. The house they live in is rented. Just because a parent has money doesn't mean their children are entitled to it. The grandchildren didn't do anything so Candy will give them their needs. I don't know why everyone expects Candy to pay for Tori & Dean's bills. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I don't believe everything but saw the beautiful baby shower with a train think Candy spent over $25,000 for the shower also Candy does make sure the Grandkids are taken care of as far as school. Candy is just upset with Tori & Dean and will not help them. Tori feels she is entitled. The house they live in is rented. Just because a parent has money doesn't mean their children are entitled to it. The grandchildren didn't do anything so Candy will give them their needs. I don't know why everyone expects Candy to pay for Tori & Dean's bills. 

I never expected Candy to pay for Tori and Dean's bills.  

I just know she's had a very acrimonious and odd relationship with her daughter for many years, and she affected Tori's self esteem as a child by telling her she'd be pretty once she got a nose job.  To me, that's disgusting. 

I also know Candy hasn't worked much as she was blessed with much wealth early on.  She was given many many millions of dollars.  Aaron left pretty much everything to her.  I don't think Candy ever had to pay bills on her own either.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Candy isn't living beyond her means.  She helps support her grandchildren. 

Tori and Dean should be supporting their children and paying their bills. 

Honored Contributor

@cerb wrote:

Like another poster questioned...why, oh why, would broke people have FIVE kids???

Have you been to Walmarts lately????   It seems like people who can least afford large families have the ones who have huge families.  That's to say that Tori is poor because I don't believe they are at all.  Perhaps poor relative to the way she grew up but she isn't food stamp and minimum wage poor.