Honored Contributor

'House of Gucci' movie trailer

[ Edited ]

Image may contain Human Performer Person Sunglasses Accessories Accessory Tie Face Skin Mon Laferte and Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGi3Bgn7U5U

from IndieWire:

The film follows the ill-fated love story of Patrizia Reggiani (pictured above with her lawyer Gaetano Pecorella during a 1998 hearing) and Maurizio Gucci, who was the grandson of the founder of fashion empire Gucci. The pair were married in 1973, and enjoyed a glamorous union over the next 12 years, with Patrizia becoming a major socialite and Maurizio rising to power within his family’s lauded fashion house.

After more than a decade together, Maurizio departed for a business trip and, well, never came back. Turns out, it was all a ruse: Maurizio wasn’t actually on a business trip, he was just leaving his wife for a younger woman. Over the course of an acrimonious six years, the pair finally divorced; a year later, Patrizia was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Three years after that, a hitman (hired by Reggiani, though her family would later argue that her brain tumor had completely changed her personality and thus her sense of right and wrong) killed Maurizio on the steps of his workplace. 

The ensuing trial incited a media meltdown that found Reggiani labeled as the “Black Widow.” In 1998, she was convicted of arranging the killing of her ex-husband and sentenced to 29 years in prison. (Spoiler alert: she got out in 2016 and is alive and very much kicking today.)

The film is based on the 2001 book “The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed” by Sara Gay Forden, with a script by Roberto Bentivegna.

Respected Contributor

Re: 'House of Gucci' movie trailer

@feline groovy I rarely if ever attend a movie, but this one caught my eye. The filming, sets, and costumes are very appealing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, @On It.

There's a lot of award-winning talent behind and in front of the camera.

Love that they're using Blondie's "Heart of Glass' as the trailer music.

Respected Contributor

I agree about the all star cast...quite a line up and I haven't been to a movie theatre since my youngest was about 13 and he's now 28!  I would love to see it on big screen but maybe will wait to watch it on my big screen if Netflix eventually picks it up.  But it looks really good!

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of Lady Gaga, so I will definitely be seeing this one. The fashion interests me too, as does the storyline.

I watched the trailer yesterday and couldn't figure out why she sounded Russian. Stefani Germanotta is most definitely Italian.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick :  just read that the film will be shown on EPIX as an exclusive pay TV event, and then it will become available on Paramount+. Hopefully it will also make it to Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@bmorechick :  just read that the film will be shown on an EPIX exclusive pay TV window, and then it will become available on Paramount+. Hopefully it will also make it to Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.

Oh ok...thanks hope so too

Respected Contributor

I never would have recognized Jared Leto in this movie.  He really has a talent for re-inventing himself for his movie roles.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 8.04.33 PM.png

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy , thanks for posting!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Linmo : agree.

My first thought was 'Dallas Buyers Club' :

Jared Leto as Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club.