Respected Contributor

House fans , I have a question.

Do you think House survived that fire ? Or was that just a hullicination Wilson had at the end ? I loved this show , although the writing in season 8 wasn't the best .I just finished watching for the first time last night.

Trusted Contributor

Re: House fans , I have a question.

Hi, @MW in Iowa ! I've watched the reruns of House for years and I love that last episode.  I've always interpreted as the one selfless act House did for Wilson, giving up his life in reality to spend the last months of Wilson's life together, perhaps realizing that Wilson was a real friend to him all those years.  In a sense, it redeemed him from the a**hole he was to everyone else in the show.  

I thought the eulogy scene was moving, since everyone who spoke sans Cuddy spoke of him positively mostly.

Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @MW in Iowa ! I've watched the reruns of House for years and I love that last episode.  I've always interpreted as the one selfless act House did for Wilson, giving up his life in reality to spend the last months of Wilson's life together, perhaps realizing that Wilson was a real friend to him all those years.  In a sense, it redeemed him from the a**hole he was to everyone else in the show.  

I thought the eulogy scene was moving, since everyone who spoke sans Cuddy spoke of him positively mostly.

So did you think he did survive the fire ? I went to redditt , and there were both opinions , i guess his character was simular to Sherlock and Holmes , who faked hois own death also. Because it really looked like that beam fell on him I really missed Cuddy , but they wanted her to take 50% salary cut and she refused . Foreman did other wise he wouldn't been back either. When you can watch a show that has been off for 11 years , that tells you how good it is.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa @House survives. He faked his own death so he could spend time with Wilson. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@MW in Iowa @House survives. He faked his own death so he could spend time with Wilson. 

Thanks , there seemed to be different opinions , it would fit with his personality , but to get out of that building unscathed and set up his own death is so unrealistic , but i did love this show.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @MW in Iowa .  Yes, the flaming beam appeared to come down on House but he told Wilson he got out the back door.  It's a mystery to me how he was able to switch dental records to have himself declared dead.  It seems like the writers used convenient excuses to explain away the inconsistencies, like they were trying really hard to wrap the series up.