Honored Contributor

Tonight the first episode premieres. 

Trusted Contributor

Enjoyed it. Better than I expected. I'll keep watching. Matt Smith was a surprise, different role from Dr. Who.

Dragons!

Trusted Contributor

@candyagain I enjoyed it also.  I try to remember that they had a lot to set up for this first show & I did miss a couple things so had to look on line for more info.  

Respected Contributor

Hello my old friend.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@candyagain I enjoyed it also.  I try to remember that they had a lot to set up for this first show & I did miss a couple things so had to look on line for more info.  

One review said -- "172 years before Game of Thrones, so no cameos" which I thought was not only funny but helpful. I did look for "past" characters then realized they were in the future....Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@candyagain  Guess we just have to keep watching & we'll figure it all out, lol.  

Respected Contributor

My son gave me the Targaryen book a while back but I just didn't care to invest the time it would take to read it. It's weird for me to feel that way about a book but that's how I am now.

I'm so glad to watch the series. It's captured me already and can't wait for the next episode. 

Honored Contributor

When the Targaryens king was telling his daughter he was making her heir & telling her "secrets," I was confused by this one......

"A Targaryen mustn't believe the myths about them, namely that Targaryens are capable of controlling dragons."

You could have fooled me!!!  I guess somebody forgot to tell Daenerys & her dragons from GOT.

The Targaryen King's brother looked like those fairies from one of Tolkien's fantasy stories - Lord Of The Rings for one.173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I just read the show was picked up for a second season, what a shocker!

Honored Contributor

So, how are we all enjoying the show? Maybe it's not fair to compare it to Game Of Thrones, but GOT was so much better.