Regular Contributor

I am still hanging in but it is a struggle.  I think the difference is I read the books before GOT was made for TV, so I already knew the characters and the storyline.

HOD is hard for me to follow because I have no clue who is who beyond the King, his daughter and brother, and then the young queen.  The characters and relationships are so interwoven, just like GOT was, and you really have to study it to see how it all fits together.

Maybe I need to read the book, then watch it again before the second season.

Honored Contributor

Tonight is the season finale. I was looking forward to this show, but this doesn't measure up to Game Of Thrones. Maybe if I had seen this first I might feel differently, I don't care about any of the characters, I was in on the Lannisters and Starks from the beginning, not this group. 

Trusted Contributor

The finale was good, don't know if I will subscribe to HBO-Max when season 2 comes back around and when, by that time I would have forgotten what most of the 1st season was about.

Honored Contributor

The last 10-15 minutes was the best part of this whole series.  Don't mess w/Vhagar!!!!

proxy-image.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: House Of The Dragon

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

Yep, I was anticipating to see scenes like this throughout season 1, not just the last 15 min of the finale, I think it's too late to try and attract viewers to continue to watch season 2 whenever that will be, I wasn't all that impressed with this series, plus the scenes were so dark.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Yep, I was anticipating to see scenes like this throughout season 1, not just the last 15 min of the finale,

@SoCal Bred  Yup, me too!  Since the series is titled House of dragons, I was expecting a history lesson about the dragons, how/why only the royal "Targaryen" folks are bonded w/them etc. 

And, another thing, I think the dragons are telepathic w/the Targaryens.  In the beginning of the finale when the Elf prince (what I call the dead King's brother Smiley LOL ) was teaching his step son about loyalty in front of the two guards, his dragon magically appeared out of nowhere to incineraate the 2 guards if they did not "bend the knee"  to his wify the real ruler/queen.

Looks like there will be a "dragon" war in season 2.  I think I will only watch the "war" scenes just to see the dragons do their thing.  The Elf Prince has 3 wild dragons w/no riders in training already.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif