Esteemed Contributor

This photo came from TMZ. HBB doesn't look healthy at all. Here's the link to the article I previously mentioned and source of the photo:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/13/mama-june-child-molester-hotel-room-photo-fake-dr-phil-interview/

Esteemed Contributor
Oh gosh she doesn't look healthy. That mother is a disgrace.
Honored Contributor

Is anyone really surprised at this? I don't mean to insult or devalue anyone, but clearly Mama June is either uneducated or undereducated and doesn't seem to have some of the much needed skills to effectively parent in a healthy way. Who knows where that comes from? Maybe she herself was a victim once upon a time. Maybe she comes from a home that didn't value education. In any case, this mom seems to be at least somewhat incapable of discerning right from wrong. But if anyone remembers, she and Honey Boo Boo rose to "fame" (if you can call it that) when she and Alana (HBB) were on the Anderson Cooper talk show after being noticed on that awful Toddlers and Tiaras program. Unless you were part of that child pageant arena, no one knew who HBB was, but AC gave them a spot in the national limelight and things took off from there. Even back then, that mom had some questionable practices. One in particular, that I remember from the AC show, was that she gave her daughter "go-go juice", which is a mix of Mountain Dew and Red Bull, in order to help her perform better. No mom in their right mind would do such a thing, but Mama June in her warped way of thinking could justify it in her own head. HBB had enough sass and outspokenness for her age to make people notice and think it was cute, and Anderson Cooper (or someone on his staff) noticed too. I do hold him/them at least somewhat responsible because they booked HBB and Mama June for their own benefit and ratings. From there it became more like watching a train wreck. I feel if they never appeared on AC, in the first place, they wouldn't have received the notoriety they've had and they would have naturally faded away. Of course that doesn't change the family dynamics, but short of some serious education and therapy nothing will. Unfortunately, the HBB show producers have been more about letting family dysfunction play out on TV because it made money for them, rather than seeing it for what it truly was and getting them some much needed help. Then, when scandal comes along, they wash their hands of the family. IMO, their behavior is also disturbing and even a form of abuse because they looked for a way to capitalize on these people and their dysfunction.

Respected Contributor
On 11/15/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Is anyone really surprised at this? I don't mean to insult or devalue anyone, but clearly Mama June is either uneducated or undereducated and doesn't seem to have some of the much needed skills to effectively parent in a healthy way. Who knows where that comes from? Maybe she herself was a victim once upon a time. Maybe she comes from a home that didn't value education. In any case, this mom seems to be at least somewhat incapable of discerning right from wrong. But if anyone remembers, she and Honey Boo Boo rose to "fame" (if you can call it that) when she and Alana (HBB) were on the Anderson Cooper talk show after being noticed on that awful Toddlers and Tiaras program. Unless you were part of that child pageant arena, no one knew who HBB was, but AC gave them a spot in the national limelight and things took off from there. Even back then, that mom had some questionable practices. One in particular, that I remember from the AC show, was that she gave her daughter "go-go juice", which is a mix of Mountain Dew and Red Bull, in order to help her perform better. No mom in their right mind would do such a thing, but Mama June in her warped way of thinking could justify it in her own head. HBB had enough sass and outspokenness for her age to make people notice and think it was cute, and Anderson Cooper (or someone on his staff) noticed too. I do hold him/them at least somewhat responsible because they booked HBB and Mama June for their own benefit and ratings. From there it became more like watching a train wreck. I feel if they never appeared on AC, in the first place, they wouldn't have received the notoriety they've had and they would have naturally faded away. Of course that doesn't change the family dynamics, but short of some serious education and therapy nothing will. Unfortunately, the HBB show producers have been more about letting family dysfunction play out on TV because it made money for them, rather than seeing it for what it truly was and getting them some much needed help. Then, when scandal comes along, they wash their hands of the family. IMO, their behavior is also disturbing and even a form of abuse because they looked for a way to capitalize on these people and their dysfunction.

Well said!

Unfortunately, Alana as well as many other young children has fallen victim to childhood obesity. I also question, who is bringing the food into the home? All of them except Anna is obese.

I do feel sorry for them. It's a sad situation all around.

Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 Gooday said:
On 11/15/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Well said!

Unfortunately, Alana as well as many other young children has fallen victim to childhood obesity. I also question, who is bringing the food into the home? All of them except Anna is obese.

I do feel sorry for them. It's a sad situation all around.

I agree, it's a sad situation all around.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Dr. Phil fan by any means, but perhaps he can get the wheels turning to get this group straightened out. Or put in jail, whatever the case may be.

Valued Contributor

My heart aches for those kids and I could care less about the adults!!

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for the kids too and don't care about the adults either. I read an interview the other day in which Honey Boo Boo's mom said she started having secks with 30 year old men when she was 12. Still, that is no excuse to spend time with an offender now or ever.