Honored Contributor

Re: Honey Boo Boo

[ Edited ]

I feel so sorry for that child. She is so overweight. I don't know what will become of her, She is going to have major health problems

She has been raised to be so mouthy, and I don't think that she even knows how bad this makes her look, because they encouraged it for TV. Her mother hasn't enough sense to correct her

The last pictures I saw of June were so sad. She seems to have it in her head ,she is beautiful now, and acts so stupid about it

Granted, she looks better than she did, which doesn't say a lot

I saw pictures of her modeling lingerie,  seated in a swing ,and I was so embarrassed for her. I don't think she even understands people are holding her up for ridicule.

She had more sense when she was obese

Honored Contributor

I'm sure many disagree.  However, when a child is overweight I think it's up to the parent to help that child to lead a healthy life style.

As long as the child lives at home, the mom or dad are the one's who control almost all of the food the child consumes.  

Think about it, the parent teaches the child how to do everything.  The child watches and observes.  That follows through on what they eat.

Honey's mom lost weight, she obviously knows how to do it.  I don't understand why she can't help the little girl do the same.  Just subtle changes could make a lot of difference.  I don't believe in shaming the child, just by eating healthy (as much as possible), children like to please at that age and I believe that before they know it, they're doing the same.

Just my opinion.  Life is difficult for overweight children (people can be cruel).  Why not help your child along the way and give them as much advantage as possible toward a healthy life.

I believe in loving yourself (no matter what).  But I also believe in making your life better.  

Here's my motto...."Love today but look forward to tomorrow when it will be even better."

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I feel so sorry for that child. She is so overweight. I don't know what will become of her, She is going to have major health problems

She has been raised to be so mouthy, and I don't think that she even knows how bad this makes her look, because they encouraged it for TV. Her mother hasn't enough sense to correct her

The last pictures I saw of June were so sad. She seems to have it in her head ,she is beautiful now, and acts so stupid about it

Granted, she looks better than she did, which doesn't say a lot

I saw pictures of her modeling lingerie,  seated in a swing ,and I was so embarrassed for her. I don't think she even understands people are holding her up for ridicule.

She had more sense when she was obese

@cherry  I saw that same pic.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Honey Boo Boo

[ Edited ]

Honey Boo Boo and her sister Pumpkin (Lauryn) that just gave birth to a baby girl, can have fat transfers done just like Kim K.  You know, take that belly fat and put it on your butt, use the rest for cheek implants on your face and lips. Worked for Kim K. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm sure many disagree.  However, when a child is overweight I think it's up to the parent to help that child to lead a healthy life style.

As long as the child lives at home, the mom or dad are the one's who control almost all of the food the child consumes.  

Think about it, the parent teaches the child how to do everything.  The child watches and observes.  That follows through on what they eat.

Honey's mom lost weight, she obviously knows how to do it.  I don't understand why she can't help the little girl do the same.  Just subtle changes could make a lot of difference.  I don't believe in shaming the child, just by eating healthy (as much as possible), children like to please at that age and I believe that before they know it, they're doing the same.

Just my opinion.  Life is difficult for overweight children (people can be cruel).  Why not help your child along the way and give them as much advantage as possible toward a healthy life.

I believe in loving yourself (no matter what).  But I also believe in making your life better.  

Here's my motto...."Love today but look forward to tomorrow when it will be even better."

Except in this household, in this situation, the kid calls the shots, or has for several years now. She tells mom what she wants, and I doubt that any of Mama June’s children pay any attention to what she tells them or care about pleasing her. In that household it’s been all about pleasing Boo Boo, the meal ticket.

June hasn’t actually lost a ton (haha) of weight on her own. She lost some weight, and then went right to the Botched show surgeons to get the rest of it “removed.” They refused her (I saw the ep) and told her she needed to lose a fair amount more before they would do any surgery on her. The next thing I knew (not that long after) there were all these photos going around of her “now.” I think she found less reputable surgeons to do a major blubber-ectomy. I doubt very much that it was a ton ‘o hard work by Mama; there hadn’t been enough time.

The family dynamics in that group are all turned around; nothing all that usual or typical about them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Mama June lost alot of weight, think she controls what comes in & out of her house as of snacks. She eats low fat so her family too. Let's watch the show to see how her diet effects her daughters. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the talk after the show where Mama June made "sketti"

Ketchup...butter and spaghetti noodles....

You can't eat like that and be healthy

Thats and alot of other 'food' was Honey Boo Boos diet growing up