Honored Contributor

Re: 'Honey Boo Boo' daughter of 'Mama June' is huge!

It's not appropriate to discuss the body of a child.  She is only 14 years old.

Esteemed Contributor

Bless her heart. I really feel bad for this young lady. She is truly a VICTIM of her environment, and apparently has no responsible, positive role models. The odds are not stacked in her favor unless someone steps up and offers her unconditional love, guidance, and models healthy behaviors for her.

The entire family is in need of therapy to help them manage their fractured lives, and emotional support to assist them them as they navigate the daunting challenge. Hopefully, support services will be made available to them privately, and not another televised "intervention" where they will likely face public criticism and judgement.🙁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

You know I wasn't going to look at this thread until I saw @SandySparkles as the last person to post before me. I knew without looking that she would say kind and meaningful things about this child. Our comments should be gentle about a young teen in a rough situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

I just saw a commercial for a new Mama June show....her daughter is absolutely huge....and very young. Absolutely terrible.

What's terrible is posting comments like this about a child. 

Or, come to think of it, posting comments about anyone based on size. 

Being morbidly obese is not fun, not "just watch what you eat", not "you'd be so beautiful/handsome if you just lost 50/100/200....pounds".

NO ONE who is morbidly obese wants to be. 

Morbid obesity is an illness. 

Respected Contributor

I have no room to talk.  I got heavy in my 40's and it took me a year of working out and changing my diet to lose the 50 lbs I had put on. I went from a size 10 to 18 and back to a 12, still there.

I'm not sure obesity is an illness?  I wasn't ill when I gained.

I 100% agree that no one should comment on a child's weight/size.  That little girl had no good example to follow and she is a victom of abuse IMHO.  Would any of us want to grow up like she did?

The photos posted speak for themselves.  We did look in at that show years ago and the funniest thing I saw was the look on her father's face (can't remember his name) when they all went to the lake and jumped on an inflatable thing called a blob.  I wish I could post that pic for you as it truely was worth a thousand words Cat LOL

Yes, we could all use a good laugh.  Thanks for letting me ramble.

I love you guys!

Cathy

Honored Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

Honey Boo Boo's name is Alana.
Esteemed Contributor

Shame onTLC for exploiting them more

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I can't believe this family still has a show.  

honeybooboo.jpg

Who is that woman with the baby?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I can't believe this family still has a show.  

honeybooboo.jpg

Who is that woman with the baby?

@SilleeMee I think that's Honey Boo Boo's sister, the one they called Pumpkin.  She had a baby last year and HBB moved in with her after having issues with Mama June's boyfriend.  (I know this from looking at tabloids while waiting in line at the grocery store. 😂)