Honored Contributor

Re: 'Honey Boo Boo' daughter of 'Mama June' is huge!

My youngest granddaughter (I have 5 granddaughters) is beginning to start going through puberty.

When girls begin puberty they tend to gain a little weight.  There features change.

My youngest daughter always talks about how she used to be cute and petite and then something happened to her.  (She's now around 5'10").  She isn't real overweight but slightly.

I keep telling her she wasn't fat that was when she was entering puberty.  

Maybe that's what's going on with Honey Boo Boo.  I don't know, I'm not her Mom, I'm just saying that might be part of her weight problem (if there is one, I don't even know as I haven't seen her recently).

How old is she anyway?  I thought she was around 13 years old.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   She has always had a weight problem but it is getting worse.

Honored Contributor

There are photos of her on this thread from recently!
Honored Contributor

When a child is  young and is a lot overweight, I'm sorry but I blame the parents.

Now we're not talking about children who have medical issues or whatever.  I'm talking about kids who have no problems.

My thought is the parent buys the food that comes into the house.  That is the time you can control what the child eats.  

Plus they learn from the parents.  I was just talking to my daughter about this.

We'd eat dinner together out of 7 days probably 4 or 5 times.  I'd mainly do th cooking but when my oldest daughter got old enough she'd make a few meals.

My late husband would get after them about eating what they put on their plate.

My middle daughter was always 'busy'.  I never say bad, I say she was 'busy'.  Drove me crazy.

She'd put peas and lima beans on her sister's plate.  Here's how it would go, (Daddy:  "Eat your food you put on your plate".  Daughter #1, "But I didn't put that one my plate...Susan did".  

Meanwhile, Susan was giggling like crazy.

I would tell them, if you are full, excuse yourself from the table.  What you eat doesn't help any kid in some other country.

Remember way back when we'd see these commercials that would talk about these countries where people were starving.  They'd show these sad starving children on TV?

If you don't get a handle on it when the parent can control (and teach) then there are going to be problems for a lifetime.

Some are emotional eaters and there's a whole variety of reasons why people eat.

I'm just talking about little kids who live at home.

Don't buy the junk food or if you do, only allow it sometimes.

I always used to drink a lot of Pepsi, but I wasn't overweight, I was young.

Then after my Dr removed a huge lump in my breast and said that studies have shown consuming too much caffein can lead to problems like mine, I stopped drinking it for a long time.

Now I limit it to (at the most) once a day.  Do that for your children...don't buy it.

Someone buys it for Honey Boo Boo.  She's cute (when I used to see her).  I think she just doesn't love herself enough, that matters too.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I can't believe this family still has a show.  

honeybooboo.jpg

YES! Shame on these channels for exploiting people like train wrecks and enabling poor behavior. These kinds of shows reinforce the idea that the worse and more outrageous you act, the more famous and wealthy you will become. It's America at its worst.

Out of boredom last night, I ran across this show, and OMG was it so pathetic watching  it!  This was when June was arrested and put in jail in Macon Co., AL, about a 30 min. drive from my house up I-85!  Yes, Alana has gained weight, but this poor child's mother has basically deserted her and she is basically being raised by her sister, it is very sad to even watch this!

Respected Contributor

Her parents should be arrested for child abuse. Letting their daughter get that obese is nothing short of it. That little girl isn't just overweight; she's obese and it can't be good for her health. Are the producers egging them on just so they can get higher ratings?

I agree with the OP. It may sound harsh but I think failing to take care of your children amounts to the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The next show in HBB's future is "My 600 Pound Life".

She'll be dead by age 50, because she'll eat herself to death.

Surely no one here thinks that being grotesquely morbidly obese is actually healthy, do they?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

That is really mean to describe anyone as absolutely huge.

I hate to hear anyone described by their weight.

That is not okay.

I don't think that shows "concern" for her health but is a form of bullying verbally. It really is and needs to stop.

Imagine how hurtful if it was you who was being described as huge. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are all kinds of families everywhere and they will always be there.  Putting them on television is not only exploitation but those who make up the audience are also exploiting!  I do not watch this kind of show, the Kardashians etc; had enough of family reality shows years ago when I watched the Loud Family on TV back in the 70's. Did not know who Honey Boo Boo was until I heard the name thrown around couple years ago. Saw the pictures in this thread and displeased to see such a beautiful child in this obese state.  I have had to watch my weight my entire life and continue to this day, my health always depended on it!

Respected Contributor

I definitely don't watch this because it's the stupidest show I'd ever seen. Only time I briefly had it on couple years ago this gross family was sitting around burping & passing gas. People find this entertaining?  Seems they give anyone a show these days & call it "reality".