Honored Contributor

Re: 'Honey Boo Boo' daughter of 'Mama June' is huge!

I think it's on WE network now?
Respected Contributor

IDK but wouldn't letting a child get morbidly obese be considered child abuse?  If starving a child is considered so, just the opposite extreme swing is the same?  Why wasn't the child removed from the family/her mother?

Honored Contributor

Whoever is producing this show should be ashamed of themselves.  This is just plain old exploitation.   I must have lost this channel in my shuffling around DISH, I haven't seen a promo on them in forever and my TV is on most hours.  (news now days)  And by the way, whose baby is that?

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It's not appropriate to discuss the body of a child.  She is only 14 years old.

Body Shaming anyone is wrong, and those who do are the ones with the problem.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I do watch the show. Alana has always self medicated with food. I would too if I was born into that mess. Her very young, immature sister has grown into the hero. Mama June abandoned Alana. Pumpkin is now raising her. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for the children and honey doesn't have the environment that supports her being able to lose weight. So, yes, I can manage to have sympathy for children in their parents care who aren't doing right by them. 

Valued Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

image.png

No Honey, that is not one serving.

Honored Contributor

She really is pretty. Her face reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith.
Honored Contributor

Mama June and her drug addict boyfriend showed up in AL months or maybe a yr ago, and were arrested and put in jail for drugs, it was in a small county, they were in jail for about a week I think!

Valued Contributor

Her sister is caretaker of Boo Boo and seems to have some sense about her and what is right

@Rockycoast wrote:

IDK but wouldn't letting a child get morbidly obese be considered child abuse?  If starving a child is considered so, just the opposite extreme swing is the same?  Why wasn't the child removed from the family/her mother?

@Rockycoast wrote: