Respected Contributor

Does anyone know why Hallmark channel show Home and Family is not on the air after returning for only one week after the holidays?

Trusted Contributor

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/12/what-happened-to-home-and-family/

“With the current information regarding COVID-19 in Southern California, and in keeping with SAG/AFTRA recommendations, we are suspending production on our daytime series, Home & Family. We plan to air encore episodes at this time, and will continue to monitor the situation.”

The show has not been cancelled, but new episodes are not being recorded currently.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl , Thanks for the info. Guess I wasn't looking in the right place. I appreciate you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Home and Family

[ Edited ]

Isn't it funny how 'repeats' or 'reruns' are now 'encore episodes'... Talk about gilding a lily... Television execs must've come up with that one to try to excuse what they're increasingly broadcasting and while it's escalated in recent memory, it was ongoing before the current restrictions...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Home and Family

[ Edited ]

Haven't watched in years.  Bring back Cristina and Mark Steines (or Michael Burger!) and I'm back.  

That's what I call good *encore presentations*.

Respected Contributor

They aren't even showing encore presentations, they are showing movies. I don't think they have enough shows to rerun. They were pretty much closed down due to Covid last year. They don't show anything with Mark Steines in it and he was still there in 2018. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Haven't watched in years.  Bring back Cristina and Mark Steines (or Michael Burger!) and I'm back.  

That's what I call good *encore presentations*.

I agree with you 100% , i haven't watched since they fired both of them . I don't have anything against their replacements , i think it was horrible the way Christina was let go , not the type of family i would want to be in.