Respected Contributor

Has anyone heard what has happened to "Home and Family" on the Hall Mark channel? On their on line schedule, it only shows them only being on this coming Friday. They are showing Golden Girls in their usual time slot from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. then their second hour which is 11 a.m. to noon is a hallmark movie playing. I noticed last week that they stopped showing reruns from the previous day from noon till 2 p.m. and are showing movies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Home and Family

[ Edited ]

No idea, but I haven't watched much since they brought in Debbie Whozitz and then compounded their error by bringing in Cameron Mathison.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Announcement on Facebook indicates they will be taking a break. New episodes of Home and Family will be aired on Fridays in August.  And new season begins September 3.

Respected Contributor

I dumped this show after the way they fired Christina ,and Mark even got the boot with no sendoff. Something is wrong with this network, especially when the show is called Home and Family. They could at least faked a sweet reason and let them leave with some dignity. We never know the whole story , but it just reeks of ageism. Any thoughts ?

Super Contributor

Mark Steines won a wrongful termination case against Crown Media in December 2018.

“Plaintiffs allege that Defendants unfairly interfered with their rights under the contract by terminating Steines, without notice, in retaliation for reporting and opposing sexual harassment on the Home & Family set,” the 20-page order (read it here) notes in but one example in the Lisa Bloom represented Steines’ claims for retaliation, wrongful discharge in violation of public policy, failure to prevent retaliation, and breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.”

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

No idea, but I haven't watched much since they brought in Debbie Whozitz and then compounded their error by bringing in Cameron Mathison.

I really like Cameron Mathison but he absolutely does not fit into that show.   He looks so out of place and I cannot stand that woman who replaced Cristina.    

I rarely even catch the show now and I used to be a fan.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all for the info. I never knew why Mark was let go. I'm not on facebook, so I didn't know why the show was off the air.

Trusted Contributor

And what happened to I Love Lucy?  Lucy was on from 5 AM to 8 AM.  And now this week I notice Frasier (which I never watch) is on until 5 am, and Cheers from 5 to 6, then The Middle.  I wonder if they're going to bring I Love Lucy back.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Lovinglife , i never knew this went to court , good for him , i bet this Woody producer was responsible for Christina because she wasn't young enough for him . disgusting.