Honored Contributor

Ben and Erin's 1st episode for this season was their remodel of a farm house they bought for themselves.

As usual it was beautiful. The show was heartwarming and this truly is a couple that is the epitome of success. with their feet planted firmly on the ground.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed it and their new home is beautiful. Their daughters are adorable.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

Ben and Erin's 1st episode for this season was their remodel of a farm house they bought for themselves.

As usual it was beautiful. The show was heartwarming and this truly is a couple that is the epitome of success. with their feet planted firmly on the ground.

THIS KIND OF DECOR IS REALLY MY "CUP OF TEA"

I LOVE IT! I like a lot of styles but this would be my chosen style on the way I like to live.

[EMBARGOED UNTIL 9:30am EST on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11]. Napiers Southern Living. Photo Credits: - Larsen & Talbert / Southern Living

Honored Contributor

Here is one more: It's a blend of everything I really like!

[EMBARGOED UNTIL 9:30am EST on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11]. Napiers Southern Living. Photo Credits: - Larsen & Talbert / Southern Living

Yes, little country, a little vintage, and a little traditional.

Honored Contributor

There were things I liked, but on the whole I thought it was too cramped and cluttered. Especially the second floor for the girls was a maze of tight spaces. I'm surprised they didn't build out at least up there. I'm sure money isn't an issue.

Honored Contributor

I got the impression they wanted to keep the integrity of the old structure of the house.

@Sooner

Honored Contributor

@jubilant..............I love it all too. Erin said she wanted an english cottage atmosphere. I think she balanced it all very well.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

I got the impression they wanted to keep the integrity of the old structure of the house.

@Sooner

@ImaoldhippieBad idea. People, especially kids and big 'ole boys, need room to move around with knocking heads and running over furniture.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

@jubilant..............I love it all too. Erin said she wanted an english cottage atmosphere. I think she balanced it all very well.

@ImaoldhippieI find it to be a nice blend of 3 or even 4 styles. I do see the English Cottage touch, too. I think Erin likes a lot of things and just does what she loves and, in this case, I find it both cozy, colorful, and functional. What more could you ask for? Thanks for the post! I just finished watching the show by the way....came on it by accident on HGTV tonight.

Valued Contributor

Ben & Erin's new Christmas Movie will be shown at 10 pm on Wednesday on HGTV.