Honored Contributor

Holocaust Memorial Special Tonite 1/31

MTV at 10 ET, i saw a promo for this with Juliana Margulies. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Holocaust Memorial Special Tonite 1/31

Such a terrible tragedy, a very painful time of history that goes beyond words. For me watching this is too sad yet I know the reality of it never to be forgotten.

Esteemed Contributor

It's imperative that the world never forget what happened. A so-called sophisticated, developed, intellectual, historically and culturally renowned nation allowed a maniacal murderer to lead them into he££ Six million Jews and five million others whom the Nazis decided had to be annihilated, were killed in concentration camps. Millions of civilians died, towns and villages were destroyed. The horrors were unimaginable. Each new generation must learn about it and never forget. Why? Because it can happen again...anywhere.

Respected Contributor

Maybe the women from "the View" did watch it and hopefully some might have a clear and better understanding concerning the events.

The Holocaust must not be forgotten.

Respected Contributor

I saw it on Saturday night when it was on  CBS.  It was very good.  I mentioned it to my mom and told her about the high school kids that couldn't name a concentration camp and she said "Well, could you when you were that age?"   And I said yes--we were required to read The Diary of Anne Frank in sophomore english!

The stories from the survivors always make me cry--what resilience they have.  And as a world citizen, I have to make sure those stories are never allowed to vanish.  I  especially loved the 97 year old Tik Tok star!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tragically, it is being forgotten and brushed aside-- now--today--  everywhere.  We must become more alert to what is happening and stay on guard before it gets too powerful to stop.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle   Saw this too late. Sorry I missed the special.

Honored Contributor

It has always been difficult for me to understand -- much less tolerate -- hatred of others. 

What does denying the Holocaust achieve for those bigoted and benighted folks who choose to do so?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus it may be on one of the streaming channels.  It was very powerful.

Honored Contributor

Yes, look for it On Demand or on the MTV schedule to repeat.