Honored Contributor

Re: Hollywood and the "Little People"

I doubt the actors were having a great time, they seemed it, but then they are professional actors after all.

What is missed is the generalization that being on a tour bus means wanting to meet actors, take tons of pictures, and be used to entertain the audience and those watching on TV. 

Are all those on this BB here for the same reason? If not than perhaps all those on a tour bus aren't there for the same reason either.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I doubt the actors were having a great time, they seemed it, but then they are professional actors after all.

What is missed is the generalization that being on a tour bus means wanting to meet actors, take tons of pictures, and be used to entertain the audience and those watching on TV. 

Are all those on this BB here for the same reason? If not than perhaps all those on a tour bus aren't there for the same reason either.

Well then, since we are all here to read, I guess you just answered your own question. 

This topic is fun though. "I went on a Hollywood Tour and met movie stars. Why meeeeeeee?????" Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori You're a class act.

I do think it's a great point about Viola saying artist. I think Fences is a movie about universal human experience, and I think all good art that makes an impact is about that.

Viola is just a Grammy away from being an EGOT, so she better start recordingSmiley Very Happy I never watch Inside The Actors Studio anymore, but I was channel surfing one night and saw the new episode with Viola. It was so good.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain, @SusieQ_2

OR, here's the thing.

There was a door.

They were on the other side of that door.

They knew vaguely where they were, they knew it was Oscar weekend, they had to have been accompanied by security.

And so they had a choice because as they got up to the doorway they could see what was going on --

go through the door or not go through the door

and I didn't see anyone shoved through the door which means the people that went through chose to. 

And they chose to because they were in Hollywood on a tour to experience Hollywood and they ended up at the Oscars and the experience of a lifetime -- read their tweets and instagrams.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, thank you SO MUCH! 

Honored Contributor

It's an experience I wouldn't want. I would have walked right back out again, or refused to go through the door ,if I had any inkling of what they were doing

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It's an experience I wouldn't want. I would have walked right back out again, or refused to go through the door ,if I had any inkling of what they were doing

@cherry, and you would have had that choice so I don't understand what people are freaking about.  It's not prison.  You wouldn't have to walk back out or refuse -- just say thanks but no thanks and don't go in.

Esteemed Contributor

But you're using common sense and reason, @Lori, which makes the perceived injustice of it all so much harder to sustain. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@cherry    @Oznell

Thinking back to times I was in an audience, they ALWAYS told you about what was going on and that members of the audience may be on camera, so if you don't want to be on camera, please raise your hand.  (Then they were excused from the taping or moved to the back row of seats).

Based on how the entertainment industry is pretty much all union, and impromptu audience members obviously aren't members of the Screen Actors Guild Union, they would have had to sign releases or couldn't participate.   

So if the production staff got on some tour bus and said  "We need people for a brief walk on for a show currently filming, and you will be on camera for a moment, who is interested?   Here ..... you will need to sign these releases giving us permission ...."      Would you still have gotten upset?

I don't know why people automatically think these tourists  were physically forced onto the stage against their will ....  I looked at the faces of every tourist in that scene, and they all looked like they were there willingly & having a good time.     How bizarre (and odd)  to project your fears onto them.

Super Contributor

Re: Hollywood and the "Little People"l

@software wrote:

I didn't take the post as a criticism of the people on the bus, but on how the Hollywood elite treat them.   Yes, they spend a lot of money to visit & see their favorite stars but the stars treat them almost in a mocking way.

That's how I saw it.........

What did you see that I didn't?  They were mocking these people?