Honored Contributor

wrote:

Anyone else watch the program "Extra" ? Was surprised to learn Hoda was not married. And her boyfriend is shorter than she is !?! The dynamic looked strange to me. Usually you never see powerful women with shorter men, at least not on TV. hoda said she was happy and not sure what the future holds for marriage. All this time I had thought Hoda was married. I remmeber her saying she had adopted a baby girl but never mentioned anything about her marriage. Very strange.

Seriously, this hasn't been "strange" or noteworthy in about 50 years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hodas boyfriend shorter

[ Edited ]

wrote:

How's the weather in 1956?  :-)

@KateChopin it appears to be very gloomy with zero visability.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  Beautiful post.  Kindness is the answer to so many things going on today.  If only more people would understand that basic concept.  Thank you for your wonderful message.

Honored Contributor

Apparently, there are posters who are unaware of the issues short men bring. I wouldn't want one nor would I want an oversized man. The OP doesn't deserve the mean responses. I'm on her side.

Honored Contributor

Hoda is 5'9" so it may be hard for her to find taller men.

Esteemed Contributor

What issues do short men bring?  Asking seriously, not trying to spark anything.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWickwrote:

What issues do short men bring?  Asking seriously, not trying to spark anything.

Well you asked....  Short men are not as successful (generally) as tall men.  Because they are not hired as frequently as tall men.  If a short man is successful, it's though building a business by himself and not worked through as a tall man in a business not his own.  If a tall man and a short man apply for the same job, usually the tall man will be hired.  This has been demonstrated over and over through hidden cameras. Legally, it's not discrimination, but it is a fact. Tall men get your attention (like tall women.)  So height is required for some state Police.  Plus a lot more women prefer tall men, (no matter what their height is)

Honored Contributor

Short men often compensate and seek attention by being "the life of the party", lots of short comedians. Because women in general find them less desirable, they come to resent them and become passive agressive. They are less likely to resist an opportunity to cheat.

Respected Contributor

Height doesn't seem to be a deal breaker for Hoda. She seems to be very happy in her relationship. Bottom line...isn't that all that really matters?