Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH and I concur with the sentiments in this thread.  Hoda adopted and it wasn't her first child.  All this time on "maternity leave":is a nice perk (on top of a $6-$10 million salary.

What difference does it make if she became a mother through adoption?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@patbz wrote:

DH and I concur with the sentiments in this thread.  Hoda adopted and it wasn't her first child.  All this time on "maternity leave":is a nice perk (on top of a $6-$10 million salary.

So rich parents don’t deserve time with new children?  So since she is rich, she can simply pay somebody else to take care of her child and get herself back to work quicker?

Who said rich people don't deserve time with their children? Read the post before you respond that is how the discussion goes off topic. Hoda had a very long maternity leave, because she has a lot of money. Most average people can't afford the luxury. That is fact period, it is not an opinion, or a criticism.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think her show is prsonality driven.  The women who watch do want to hear about her life and the life of whoever her partner is now.  I have never seen the show myself.  

I agree, I have to wonder about people who live vicariously through these entertainment types. It has always bothered me that people are so infatuated with these TV people and their lives, like these people are their hero's. My heroes would be the doctor and nurses that delivered her baby. I stopped watching that show years ago.

Respected Contributor

Today was just too much with Hoda's recap of the last six months.   I used to enjoy the fourth hour to stay up with pop culture, tech items, home repair, and beauty buys.  I especially like the food segments and have made some wonderful recipes posted on their segment. Love Joy Bauer too!  

I fast forward through the parts that I can't relate to.  Today I fast forwarded through all of it. I do love the Thursday make-over segment and therefore continue keeping it on my series record.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99.  You do know, don't  you, that Hoda did not give birth to her two children?   They're both adopted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@blackhole99.  You do know, don't  you, that Hoda did not give birth to her two children?   They're both adopted.

No I didn't know that, I mentioned I have not watched the show in years.Hypothetically, I would still feel the same.

Valued Contributor

You're lucky you got to see it.  We have been interupted for 24/7 hurricane coverage for 6 days now for the hurricane that didn't affect us!!  But, we are still being interupted.  Grrrrr...enough is enough!

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@patbz wrote:

So rich parents don’t deserve time with new children?  So since she is rich, she can simply pay somebody else to take care of her child and get herself back to work quicker?

Who said rich people don't deserve time with their children? Read the post before you respond that is how the discussion goes off topic. Hoda had a very long maternity leave, because she has a lot of money. Most average people can't afford the luxury. That is fact period, it is not an opinion, or a criticism.

Long maternity leave is not a ‘rich people’ luxury.

It’s a sign of a good company she works for.

12 weeks is standard for a non-adoption birth.  

Add in ‘bonding’ weeks (my word), 20~ weeks off is reasonable.

6 months is not that unusual....especially for an adoptive parent.

All this was probably written in her contract.  

Just like any new mother, her joy almost can’t be contained!

Beautiful💛🌼

Regular Contributor

Hoda should stay home and be on the Mommy Track? Really? Jealous much? she 's not my fav but some people have better chemistry than others. Miss Jenna

Hoda has spent years in journalism/tv and think it is great that her partner also adopted this new ittle one. There are so many babies waiting to be adopted, anyone who really loves a child should adopt if that is what they want.

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

One little vignette of her and the children would have been enoughgushin.  But the g continued.  When she got out there and tried to front the British choir, OMG she looked and acted ridiculous.  She is not my cup of tea.

You hit the nail on the head when you used the word "gushing".  That's exactly how I see it, and that's what is such a turn off for me, on these shows.

Acknowledging her return to the show with a picture of the baby, maybe, a cute (and short) anecdote, that's fine.

But the GUSHING continues.

She's not the only woman in the world with a new baby.