Honored Contributor

She is back this week... and talking non stop about her time off.... like enough already!

She goes on and on about HERSELF.  That is all she thinks people want to hear.  It is like showing pictures of your kids.... great... but after awhile no one wants to see them except YOU.    

Hopefully she will get back to work and  stop talking about herself the entire show. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch those types of shows.  I don't find them entertaining at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching The Today show less and less.  Now that she is back, I think I will stop completely.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Hoda on the Today Show

[ Edited ]

What is she supposed to talk about after returning from maternity leave? She has a new baby so I would expect her to gush about the little ones. Believe it or not she is well liked and I'm sure that there were viewers tuned in to hear all of her exciting news concerning her young children.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I liked Kathie Lee and Honda together. I thought they were interesting. The day Kathie Lee left was the last time I watched. Although Jenna Bush appears to be a nice person there is nothing she  could say that would interest me. Honda can get very silly and not act like the intelligent woman she is. I attended a talk she gave a few years ago and was very impressed. She does not come across that way on this show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

What is she supposed to talk about after back from maternity leave? She has a new baby so I would expect her to gush about the little ones. Believe or not she is well liked and I'm sure that there were viewers tuned in to hear all of her exciting news concerning her young children.

If she were a personal friend, then sure, I would want to hear all about it.

But that is a news and talk and entertainment show.  I did not watch this morning, so I don't know how much she talked about her time off.  Show a few pictures and then get on with the show.  Many people have babies and maternity leave and vacations, etc.  Why would I want to hear about all that from someone I don't know personally, who does not know me?  It is not like she is the only one who has ever adopted a baby or two.  That is the same reason why I don't watch Kelly Ripa.  Blah Blah Blah about herself.  I am a bit cranky this morning, so forgive the attitude.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I never watch GMA or TODAY...I don't like those 'panel' shows with everyone chiming in.

In addition, their format of cooking demos, etc., is NOT for me at all.  I don't watch daytime TV at all. Silly fluff.

Esteemed Contributor

I felt enough already last week before she even returned!  Every day they were announcing her leave was almost over and she would be back this week.  Why is her returning such a big deal?  It's wonderful she adopted again and she has a beautiful family, but they are making too much of it - in my opinion.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I concur with the sentiments in this thread.  Hoda adopted and it wasn't her first child.  All this time on "maternity leave":is a nice perk (on top of a $6-$10 million salary.

Honored Contributor

I think her show is prsonality driven.  The women who watch do want to hear about her life and the life of whoever her partner is now.  I have never seen the show myself.