Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma

Oh, okay.  You’re welcome.  Everyone needs to express what they feel.  I’m just glad that we are finally taking the accusations seriously and talking about this subject.  Maybe now, more will speak up sooner.  But we really cannot blame them when they don’t.  I’m sure you know there can be deeply hurting reasons.  Thank you for your kind explanation.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@occasionalrain

At any rate, it is not funny, even though Katie C laughed about it. She shouldn’t have laughed; marginalizes the issue for everyone involved. 

Maybe women need a few lessons regarding sexual h. too?

Katie had every right to respond whatever way she pleased. 

It's not uncommon for those who work together, perhaps spend more time with one another than with their families, over years to form relationships that are like family. Their behavior becomes similar to that of siblings with practical jokes, horseplay, and the like. Obviously, Katie and Matt had a close relationship and their interaction was and is their business.

Esteemed Contributor

When the door lock is controlled under the desk of the guy in charge, you are locked in. Make no mistake about it. What a wife,his wife, does or doesn't do has absolutely NOTHING to do with workplace sexual abuse and harrassment. Get that straight. Name all the ones recently who have come out with their own experiences who have benefitted monetarily  from this. WHO? The reason more are coming forward is they feel safer doing so since Gretchen Carlson took the lead. It's been a man's world for decades, and finally someone is taking notice of what they do when they have power over others. Anyone who doesn't understand that is brain dead. Very few women would want to bare their souls with something like this for the notoriety. Men can be pigs when they think they can get away with it. Hearing the testimonies about Matt are gag worthy. Hearing women blame women for men's atrocious behavior is even more gag worthy.  Let's hear it for the Sisterhood...taking back control over our own dignity by fighting back.

Honored Contributor

The settlements are public record but the women's identity is kept hidden.  

A Sisterhood is worthy but a Brotherhood isn't? Women are no better than men. Some are honorable some liers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think inappropriate hugging and touching is just rampant in society... and it has become hard to figure out what is OK and what is not OK.

EXAMPLE:  A lady neighbor and I were visiting outside in the street  between our homes a couple of days ago...... she has two young children, a boy and a girl. I really do not know her at all.. and I do not know her children at all either.

At the end of our conversation she told her children to give me a hug.... I thought it was rather strange and I could feel the children kind of shrink back like they did not want too.. but the mother INSISTED THAT THEY GIVE ME A HUG AGAIN.  So the two children  did.  I felt very uncomfortable as I did not really want to hug them at all... and the two kids did not want to hug me either. It was just kind of odd....

I think that children should never be told they must hug a stranger... it is teaching something that later may allow the child to accept the wrong  affection from someone else... an uncle, a neighbor, a teacher a stranger etc. 

Hugging and touching is not something that should just be given out to anyone at anytime and this should be instilled in Children from an early age.

Too much inappropriate stuff going on in  society... and it starts with a simple touch....

Why didn't you just tell her that you would prefer not to do hug them. I am sure the children would have welcomed your input. Why are we always so fearful of expressing ourselves. 

!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yesterday on the Today show Hoda was seated next to Al on the sofa and had her hand on his knee. No one anywhere has commented on it. Had Al had his hand on her knee would no one have commented? I doubt it. I'm waiting for "brave" men to come forward and expose the women who have harassed them. 

I've read about Matt's poor wife and wondered at it being a given that she's an innocent. How can that be assumed?

Katie said Matt pinched her, she wasn't asked, nor was he, what she did to him. Why is it assumed that she was an innocent?

I thought the exact same thing when I saw Hoda with her hand on Al's knee. Kind of creepy.

"Pure Michigan"