Re: Hoda Kotb is Officially Today Show Co-Anchor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC baiting

Never mind...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love Hoda and am pleased to hear this news.  I think she will eventually step down from her co-hosting with Kathie Lee and that Jenna will fill in there. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I liked Hoda before she got hooked up with Kathy Lee. I wish they would have given the spot to CM too. I guess they are gun shy with male hosts now.

Honored Contributor

Congratulation, Hoda!   She is well-qualified, that's for sure. Read her biography.  Also,   I believe I heard her say that her co-anchor is or way a lawyer (?)  Anyway, I'm happy with Today's choice.  ........... Also, I enjoy watching Jenna fill in for Hoda.  She's very energetic and neutral in her comments.   p.s.: (I've often called myself 'Switzerland' (for many, many years), and I find Jenna to be similar.)  In my personal life, when I'm around people chatting about 'this and that' (it could be anything, about a recipe or a specific food, or dish, whatever), I say: 'I'm Switzerland'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I hope jenna bush takes her place on the 4th hour of today.

Respected Contributor

I was rooting for Craig Melvin  ....

Respected Contributor

. Re: Hoda Kotb is Officially Today Show Co-Anchor

Hoda is great.  We shall see if she still hosts the fourth hour after doing two hours in the a.m. Meredith and Katie said they get updates continually until the next broadcast. You also have to get up each morning at 3:00 a.m.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch those morning shows either.  I sometimes watch a local show but change the channel when they start in on the 'news'.

I (don't know how it started) DVR the Hoda and Kathy show.  It's a nice change from so much news these days (total fluff).  I adore Hoda, she's so sweet and seems like a nice person.

Anyway, they talked about it and she's so happy about it.

Honored Contributor

I've really never watched Hoda, since all I know of her is that other show and I cannot stand Kathie Lee (never could, ever since Regis & KL).

But I can't help wondering if they made a conscious decision to choose a female so as to drastically reduce the chance of having another situation like the one that created the open position.  Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

It was a safe choice with her already working with Savannah.  Also, the ratings have improved since Lauer left so maybe they think she is good for the ratings.  In other words, why mess with a good thing.