Super Contributor

Hoarders - Sandra Cowert and Julian Price House Update

Tonight on A&E is a Hoarders episode at 8 pm where they are supposed to have an update on Sandra Cowert and that Julian Price House.  I saw a still of them interviewing the couple who bought the house and refurbished it.  I cannot wait to see it.  It looks like they really redid the entire house and brought it back to its original beauty.  I hope that Sandra landed on her feet - she was a tortured soul.  The new owners really treated her with respect and dignity.  I don't know if I could have been that gracious towards her.

Contributor

Re: Hoarders - Sandra Cowert and Julian Price House Update

This house is not too far from me and I got to tour it last spring. They pretty much did redo the entire house and it was gorgeous. The only area we could not see was the basement which I think had not been redone at the time. The owners were not living there at the time- it was open for show through Preservation Greensboro. It was amazing to see the comparison between the Hoarders episode and the real home. Landscaping outside was gorgeous also. I was thinking that Sandra had passed away but could be wrong. Look forwad to seeing this tonight and thanks for the reminder. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed the original show but thanks for mentioning tonight's program. Maybe there will be clips of the original episode.

PS - This episode is painful to watch.

Valued Contributor

I watched the end of the show...Sandra is still living in the area.  

Honored Contributor

I tuned in and saw that it was the original episode of getting Sandra out of the house, so I was able to see the part I missed last time.   

I found the intensity level of this episode much higher than usual; most likely due to knowing the history of the house and that it had been purchased for restoration, the fact Sandra had lived there 40 years and collected so much stuff, but also Sandra’s attitude and mentality.   

I was very surprised Sandra is still living on her own, as I expected her level of mental illness to decline rapidly after she left the house, to the point of an intervention.   It sounded like her brother is trying to keep an eye on her.   

Dealing with my mothers early to mid stage dementia, I find myself very sensitive to signs of mental changes in others.   I spotted my mothers first signs right away, and just recently alerted my cousin to what I see happening with both of her parents.  She is saying oh no, that’s just how he/she’s always been, but I totally disagree and see a serious behavior change.  I honestly believe it’s going to take a serious incident before she opens her eyes wide enough to see what I see.   

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this episode last night.  To me, Sandra is either in early Alzhimers or trauma has sent her into denial of all that is reasonable.

On one hand, I felt sorry for her and on the other, I wanted to shake some sense into her, which I know is impossible.  It was sad.