Respected Contributor

Re: Hoarders Last Night 3/19

Since her mom was starting her old behaviors of hoarding & going no. 1 & 2 in cups & not using the bathroom while living at Kristen's house, I don't blame her for wanting her mom to move out of her home.  The mom just didn't seem to comprehend the situation, no matter how many times it was repeated to her, she seemed to have some dementia or something mental going on.  I felt bad for the 2 kids.

Respected Contributor

I hope some type of family services visit her and still that house is unsafe. When I watch this show I itch & clean even more. I am very neat & organized but this show makes me clean more. Linda effected her daughter & the 2 grandkids for life with her problems. No wonder they acted up living in that environment.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I felt so bad for the kids. That must have been a very long 2 years for them. The grandmother was trying to say it was not true and was washing their clothes. I am sure she was not.  

I also always feel bad for those who come to assist with the clean out. I could never do it.

I would burn my shoes and clothes afterwards. And I would cover my hair and wear protective eye wear.  I also can't imagine how the neighbor could stand it. When Dr. Zasio first got there she said she could find the house blind folded due to the smell.

When they found out what was all over the floor I started gagging.       

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think we ever knew that the daughter was even married until the last few minutes of the show.  I kept thinking - when she was in prison, who took care of her house and paid the bills?  Nobody ever mentioned a husband.

Now, at the very end, they mention that he is a conractor (sure he is) and has fixed up the house, even though everyone was told it should be condemned.  I was leery of that the minute I saw the doctors themselves, putting up the tape and doing stuff that guys should have been doing.

If the house was UNlivable, shouldn't the county or city (or whatever) prohibited her from ever going back??  I mean, they kept saying nobody can go back to get the stuff on the second floor, etc.....  I KNEW she was going back.  Her daughter didn't want her in her house because she was still a hoarder and had other mental problems.  Can't blame her either.  Sad in all directions.  Back to square one.

P.S.  Did anyone know the daughter had a husband?  He wasn't even on the show.  

Trusted Contributor

I watched this weeks episode last night.

Three houses full of junk. They did not show the third house. The two they did show were quite packed. They did not appear as filthy as other homes we have seen. However the family dynamic of all of them was hard to watch. The hoarder as usual will not listen to anyone. The one daughter was loud and to me it seemed like she was trying out for a role on a real housewives show. She was very over the top and seemed very aware of the camera. The other too were odd as well. The boyfriend, hmmmm if the hoard is not how you want to live, why not move along.

I felt bad for Cory no one was listening to him. That would be one job I could not do.   

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this episode last night.  It looked as though they were all trying out for a Reality Show - I mean it.  The daughters (except the third, quiet one) always looked at the camera and were sooooo  dramatic.  Mom, also, kept looking at the camera.  I liked Bill though and I think he is much younger than Mom.  She is 75 and has not aged well at all.

I don't think this will end well even though she is going to therapy, since she said she will continue to pick stuff up from the streets.  I would love to know how she can afford to keep three houses, pay all the bills and only live in one of them.  She is a retired nurse and we don't know what Bill does (or did)....

I didn't get a feel for this show as being authentic.  It really looked like they were auditioning for their own show (which will never happen)    JMO