Honored Contributor

Re: Hit And Misses Of The Fall Season

[ Edited ]

@LeoGrl wrote:
The only new show I've watched so far is the return of Will & Grace. The comedic timing and actors are still funny as ever. I loved the return of Harry Connick, Jr., Grace's ex-husband last night. One show I did want to see was Dynasty. I was really getting tired of seeing those commercials all Summer long and couldn't wait to see it, but I wasn't home so I missed it. If anyone saw it, was it worth it? Just curious.

@LeoGrl A few of us posted our thoughts about Dynasty on a thread around here somewhere... You might want to check it out...

Woman Wink

My perspective in a nutshell is that it wasn't awful, but it wasn't really good either... If you're looking for something along the lines of the original, it's more 'in your face' and sort of disappointing... The original had better casting, acting and production values...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thumbs up from me for The Orville. I like that show and I hope it stays on for  while. I was surprised to see Charlize Theron guest starring a couple weeks ago. The show is hilarious and clever.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I do miss the shows in which something good or well-meaning characters are featured.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Out of all of those I enjoy "The Brave".  I like TV shows that deal with guys and guns.  I love watching War Movies....I think there's a male gene somewhere in my body!  Ha!

I also like the show that deals with the Navy Seals (it's very similar to The Brave....I like "The Last Ship".  (See what I mean about liking these shows)....Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Yep... you got the boys and guns gene!

Have been watching “The Brave.”

In that one it is nice to see them accomplishing good.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox

I really wanted to like Seal time. I am just not feeling the show. I have watched two episodes, I think I missed the third one this week. It just does not compel me to come back each week.

I am enjoying Will and Grace.

Esteemed Contributor

@LeoGrl

In reference to Dynasty it depends if you were a fan of the original or not. I was. Absolutely loved the show. I thought the revamped version was just ok. I can honestly say that you did not miss much.

Honored Contributor

Finally got a chance to watch the four episodes of Orville I taped.  I'm kind of on the fence about it.  

It's not my beloved Star Trek which I didn't expect it to be but it's not Galaxy Quest either.  I really wish they would go more with the comedy not the silliness which is just plain stupid to me at times.  That blob needs to be on more.  He's the most hysterical thing on the show and only cameos.

I'll probably keep it on the DVR but I'm not going to be in a hurry to watch it.  

Honored Contributor

We just watch the Brave, horrible horrible horrible, way to convoluted to follow, we also watched The Crowd another no go for us, not sure what but it did not thrill us

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Was surprised that 9JKL is doing well.  The trailers advertising the show looked awful and like it had been done before ... many, many times before.

As for The Orville mentioned here .... what network?   I've never heard of it before this thread and never seen any ads for it before the Fall Season began.