Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hilary Swank's new show premieres THURSDAY on ABC at 10

I enjoyed it.

Her character would be more likable if they softened her personality a bit.

Her hair looks awful. I think she might be wearing a wig.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I enjoyed it.

Her character would be more likable if they softened her personality a bit.

Her hair looks awful. I think she might be wearing a wig.

Imo she never really had good hair and, yes, I think she is wearing a wig in the show.

Respected Contributor

I wonder what will turn out to be the cause of her fainting on the plane & then, at the end of the 1st episode?  The healthcare worker lady on the plane told her she'd been out for 2 hours & that's not normal.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@threecees wrote:

Hilary just announced today that she is pregnant with twins. So exciting!

A new adventure at 48!

Gonna be hard to camoflage that!  Wonder how far along she is and how far along they are in filming the whole season?

@shoesnbags 

Why would they have to camoflage that?  Since most of the episodes have probably already been filmed, she'll give birth in the spring, no scheduling problems.   

IF the show is renewed for a second season, she can be back on her feet by the time they start filming season 2.  Good timing, actually.

Frankly, having twins at 48 sounds .... not easy.  Sure she has money and can have nannies galore, but that's still a lot to take on pushing 50!   Yikes! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@threecees wrote:

A new adventure at 48!

Gonna be hard to camoflage that!  Wonder how far along she is and how far along they are in filming the whole season?

@shoesnbags 

Why would they have to camoflage that?  Since most of the episodes have probably already been filmed, she'll give birth in the spring, no scheduling problems.   

IF the show is renewed for a second season, she can be back on her feet by the time they start filming season 2.  Good timing, actually.

Frankly, having twins at 48 sounds .... not easy.  Sure she has money and can have nannies galore, but that's still a lot to take on pushing 50!   Yikes! 

@Tinkrbl44 

Usually they camoflage the actor's pregnancy because they don't want to have to work a pregnancy into the storyline. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: Hilary Swank's new show premieres tonight on ABC at 10

I think we are led to believe she is sufferng from panic attacks. 

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@threecees wrote:

A new adventure at 48!

@shoesnbags 

@Tinkrbl44 

Usually they camoflage the actor's pregnancy because they don't want to have to work a pregnancy into the storyline. 

@shoesnbags 

Well, it's all timing, of course, but there've been a couple shows that ignored an actor's pregnancy by having her carry a big coat or handbag .... or sit at some sort of high desk, or other inactive situations. 

Pregnancy never comes up.   

It may be setting up the pregnancy-possibility with her fainting.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@threecees wrote:

A new adventure at 48!

@shoesnbags 

@Tinkrbl44 

@shoesnbags 

Well, it's all timing, of course, but there've been a couple shows that ignored an actor's pregnancy by having her carry a big coat or handbag .... or sit at some sort of high desk, or other inactive situations. 

Pregnancy never comes up.   

It may be setting up the pregnancy-possibility with her fainting.   

Tink, a big coat or handbag isn't going to cover up a twin pregnancy - that's what I was referring to.  But you have a good point about the fainting.  Maybe a lead in to her character being PG.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I think the fainting will eventually lead to revealing her pregnancy as part of the show. 

Esteemed Contributor

I liked it and don't think she just fainted.  Looked like a full blown panic attack to me.  just speculation.