Valued Contributor

Re: Highway Thru Hell on Weather Channel

I've seen every episode of "Storage Wars" and "Flea Market Flip". 

I'm also working my way through "Wicked Tuna" (the Outerbanks version). 

Newest obsessions include "Catfish" on MTV, "Dude you're screwed", and "Dual Survival". 

I've watched "Highway Thru Hell" but had to stop watching it at night. If I fall asleep with that on inevitably some awful tornado show will come on behind it and then I end up dreaming about tornadoes. 

I do like Jamie though Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I used to watch a show about the Alaskan railroad on one of the Discovery channels. It's all repeats now. It showed different people that live in small towns on the show. Some have to walk miles just to board the train. They also talked about how the train operates etc. I also like Ice Road Truckers. My husband used to watch Mountain Men and that was pretty good. Somehow we missed an entire season. Highway Thru Hell is a good one too.

I loved watching the Alaskan Railroad. I really enjoyed Jim & Nancy James and how everyone lived off grid. Jim James passed away I think in 2016 from Cancer. I also enjoy Mountain Men. I'm catching up on that on the Pluto channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I used to watch a show about the Alaskan railroad on one of the Discovery channels. It's all repeats now. It showed different people that live in small towns on the show. Some have to walk miles just to board the train. They also talked about how the train operates etc. I also like Ice Road Truckers. My husband used to watch Mountain Men and that was pretty good. Somehow we missed an entire season. Highway Thru Hell is a good one too.

I loved watching the Alaskan Railroad. I really enjoyed Jim & Nancy James and how everyone lived off grid. Jim James passed away I think in 2016 from Cancer. I also enjoy Mountain Men. I'm catching up on that on the Pluto channel.

@JYWilliams 

That's another one I watched. That Jim was a crusty old guy who didn't let the loss of one hand hold him back from doing anything. How he hated it the times he had no choice but to go into town. He just did not like being around other people at all. I wonder if Nancy stayed in Alaska. 

The Last Alaskans was another good one. Don't know if that one is coming back for a new season. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JYWilliams 

I just googled the two of them and found a Nancy James of Palmer Alaska who passed away in July of 2013. It was in the Anchorage Daily News. To read the whole obit you had to pay $2.95 as it has been archived. I didn't so not enough info to know if it's that Nancy.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl  I also like The Last Alaskans.  Bob Harte passed away on that show. I love watching shows of Alaska.  I think Nancy from Alaskan Railroad moved back to the states. One day I hope to visit Alaska.

Esteemed Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

@shaggygirl  I also like The Last Alaskans.  Bob Harte passed away on that show. I love watching shows of Alaska.  I think Nancy from Alaskan Railroad moved back to the states. One day I hope to visit Alaska.

@JYWilliams 

I just remembered something. I've been seeing an ad for a new one that appears it's going to be about a younger generation taking on the challenges of living off the grid like the present cast of LBZ does. It's going to follow Life Below Zero when it debuts. I'm going blank on the name of the show though.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have also watched this show. No way could I drive on the Coq. 

I don't like driving so I'm not driving on wet roads period. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz    The Coq is a boulevard compared to some of the shelf roads I've driven in Colorado.  Of course they don't have truck traffic but they're plenty scary.

@Kachina624 

I can't drive thru that without freaking out. LOL!!! 

If I lived in Co I would be home a lot. Not drving on roads with snow. Probably because we get ice with snow covering it. A lot different driving on ice vs snow.