Respected Contributor

Re: Highest Paid TV Actors 2018

Male or female - looks to me like we all picked the wrong profession!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These salaries are just ridiculous!!!!! They aren't curing Cancer....I am not saying they don't work hard, because I am sure they do, but I just don't get the astronomical salaries for being on a T.V. show every week... 

I also feel this way about NBA and NFL players that are making insane amounts of money........Ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

ridiculous numbers in my mind -  i know what the underlings make.  Hollywood is a feudal system.

@ms traditional

A feudal system?   There's a lot of money involved in making a top show .... and the people behind the camera make a lot more than any of the actors would ever hope to.   Actors just want a reasonable piece of the production pie.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

ridiculous numbers in my mind -  i know what the underlings make.  Hollywood is a feudal system.

@ms traditional

A feudal system?   There's a lot of money involved in making a top show .... and the people behind the camera make a lot more than any of the actors would ever hope to.   Actors just want a reasonable piece of the production pie.

yes - the lords of the manor (stars) get outrageous payment and other actors are miserably underpaid. 

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Considering what they do for a living, their salaries are ridiculous. They lucked out.

Vanna White probably makes about $10 mil a year and I think they work about 4 days every month. That's the job we missed out on lol

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@ms traditional

yes - the lords of the manor (stars) get outrageous payment and other actors are miserably underpaid. 

@ms traditional

It's a lot more complicated than that, and you can't compare an ordinary job to an acting job ...  apples and oranges.   

On any given day, something like 95% of all members of the Screen Actors Guild are unemployed (in acting jobs).   Working actors belong to a union, and even the "lowliest" actors (non-speaking parts) on union shows get a standard rate per day ...  something like $150/day, I think.   

Actors who have achieved the stature and draw to actually carry a show have agents who negotiate salaries for them.   BTW .....  all the "underlings" as you call them also have unions to represent them. 

TV and film production are huge money endeavors, and the unions negotiate a lot of the basic salaries, re-negotiating every time a contract is up.   (You didn't think the Teamsters wouldn't be a part of this, did you?  lol)

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 i'm aware. i live and work with these people!   i am in Los Angeles.  

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 i'm aware. i live and work with these people!   i am in Los Angeles.  

@ms traditional  Oh, the stories you could probably tell .......

Honored Contributor

No women on that list????  I can't imagine that Kaley Cuoco wasn't right up there with the guys from her show.

Respected Contributor

Ya, that's normal. What a complete waste of money. There isn't & never will be an actor/actress that's worth a lot of money. The same thing goes for hideously paid athletes. 

I think actors should make minimum wage, lol. Smiley Very Happy