Honored Contributor

This series premiered on February 14,2020 on Hulu,(10 episodes, 1/2 hour each), a comedy based on a book by Nick Hornby. It stars Zoey Kravitz, Jack Lacy, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, and Thomas Doherty. I LOVED this show!! As described, Rob a record store owner in the rapidly gentrified Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn revisits post relationships through music and pop culture while trying to get over her one true love.Kingsley Ben-Adir is Mac Rob's ex, he is FINE! Da'vine Joy Randolph is Cherise Rob's friend and coworker who is funny as hell and is a scene stealer. Thomas Doherty is Liam a cute up and coming rockstar. There is Jack Lacy as Clyde someone Rob meets a year after her breakup with Mac. This show features some great music, Rob talks to the viewers which I like. Be aware there are flashbacks, so you need to keep up. This features the song Come On Eileen in an episode, which had me right away, (my deceased brother loved this song, when I hear it it reminds me of him). I really hope there is a second season.

Honored Contributor

No takers on this show?

Honored Contributor

Don't have Hulu and as much as I appreciate Come On Eileen, I'll have to stick with the Frears/Cusack film from 20 years ago.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This show was really good, I can't believe no one is watching.

Honored Contributor

I was just wondering if anyone watched this (since I am the only posting on this thread I will take it as a no)? I loved this show, as I am loving Soundtrack,

Honored Contributor

I just read this show has been cancelled, WTH!! I LOVED this even though I was the only one watching. Why do all the shows I like get cancelled, it's a conspiracy against me!

Honored Contributor

No one watched this but me, but Entertainment Weekly gave it a Best Musical Moment On TV. "I Believe ( When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)" Needle-dropping Stevie Wonder's optimistic soul track in the season finale is a fantastic callback to the 2000 movie and feels even more bittersweet post-cancellation. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't there a Mel Brooks film with this title? I was expecting this thread to be about that!😄

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Isn't there a Mel Brooks film with this title? I was expecting this thread to be about that!😄

@Pearlee  There is a 2000 film based on the same book, but don't think it was produced by Brooks...

Regardless, the OP seems incredulous that no one else is commeting, but the fact is that not everyone subscribes to every possible outlet for television viewing... Clearly, having every conceivable viewing option is important for some people... Not so much for others... Not even to mention that associated costs add up and other things take priority for some folks... Personally, I'd rather read books...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Ha that's what I was thinking at first. But since it's one of my favorite movies I'm ashamed that I forget for a second that it's actually High Anxiety.