Honored Contributor

The movie Hidden Figures is now on Fxm...just happened to see it. If you have not seen this movie...watch it! So important to see the contributions black women made to our space program. They received zero thanks at the time.....an important movie based on true history. 

Frequent Contributor

@lovesrecess  I love this movie so much too!  I have watched it more times than I can count and am watching it as I type this.  I agree it is such an important movie.

Honored Contributor

Great movie!

Respected Contributor

I loved both the movie and the book. However, the movie is better! What is shown in the movie (especially the long trip to the bathroom so many had to travel) is far more stark than just reading about it in words.

This movie deserves more attention!

Honored Contributor

Excellent movie and wonderful cast!  This movie is an inspiration and shows how much these women did for this country..  They are what role models are made of, heroes. I too recommend seeing it if you haven't , you will not be disappointed. 

Respected Contributor

REALLY EXCELLENT MOVIE - I loved it and all the actors were great.

Janelle Monae is beyond beautiful I must say.

Respected Contributor

I, too, love the movie "Hidden Figures" and have watched it about 50 times, lol....seriously LOVE it.  I love all the characters and think they did an excellent job in selecting these women for the parts they played.

I just saw "Harriet" last night on HBO.  (about Harriet Tubman)....OMGoodness, did I cry.  In fact, I was crying one minute and cheering Harriet on the next.  It was a fantastic movie and I really think the lady that played Harriet should have won the oscar last year.  

I highly recommend both these movies.

Respected Contributor

Love that movie!! In fact, maybe I can find it on amazon prime

Honored Contributor

It is my hands down favorite movie of all time.

We watched it the day the SpaceX took flight, ironically.

There was a lot going on that weekend with protests and rioting.

The movie brought me to tears.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess -

Thanks for bringing this incredible movie back to our attention!

I saw it in the theaters when it came out (remember those theaters?!)

What also amazed me is that I had never heard of these women and the contributions they made to our country! Something is wrong there that so many of us had never heard of them. How brilliant they were!

And I was also again angry and ashamed of how they were treated, all the while standing strong and tall and accomplishing what no one could stop them from doing!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"