Honored Contributor

I bought that Newman/Tom Cruise movie 'The Color of Money' mainly to watch Cruise dancing to 'Werewolves of London' song.

Don't you think Newman got better looking when he got older ?

I was never big on him when he was young I tend towards the bigger

guys. He was better looking in this movie then when he was younger I thought.

Have you seen it ?

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this movie when I was going thru every Scorsese movie I could find.  

Paul did age very well ❤️

Honored Contributor

Hey, @SharkE !   I do agree that Paul Newman got more interesting looking as I got older.  I usually like more "craggy" types.  I respect him, but he's never been one of my all-time favorites. 

Haven't seen "The Color of Money".   I loved him though, in mature roles in "The Verdict",  and "Absence of Malice".

And that one I think with Melanie Griffith, where he was a small-town handyman or something, in chronically economically depressed upstate New York.

Honored Contributor

From the Terrace was all the rage with my neighborhood because we all had read the John O'Hara book. And to have Paul Newman in the lead role? Well, it just didn't get any better than that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @SharkE !   I do agree that Paul Newman got more interesting looking as I got older.  I usually like more "craggy" types.  I respect him, but he's never been one of my all-time favorites. 

Haven't seen "The Color of Money".   I loved him though, in mature roles in "The Verdict",  and "Absence of Malice".

And that one I think with Melanie Griffith, where he was a small-town handyman or something, in chronically economically depressed upstate New York.

Hello my popcorn memory movie buff. 

Have not been here _ forum _for several months.

~~~~~Though, for always, a rational reason, then read your three movie likes w/ P. Newman. Think TLHS ! You must remember my favorite, along with your insightful husband and the scrip almost by word - to- word.? Yes?

Great coming on to hear you, Oznell. You and my husband are identical never missing (almost) all or many Noir movies. 

The Color of money was interestingly for myself to actually know any thing about the game of Pool/ Billiards. A 1 time watch. 

The Verdict was extremely well done. A winner!

Definitely did not become THAT interested in Malice due to Sally Field. Very poor casting for her, I thought, with her as a strong character with a strong character...! 

Seldom do I watch TV anything. Give my best to your husband ( we know movies) and another handshake to that fine son of yours. I gave up the hugs. 

I had not heard of a man being interesting as crabby. HaHA, is that something close to Humphrey Bogart?

If so, I really like him more than when I was extremely younger. Surprise !! for you --- I have to believe. I actually sat down the other night with a full bag of popcorn for one of his movies. A TIME in HISTORY,,,,, ahhhhh. 

".....love you, friend"......

Never stop what you DO best. You are someone very deep and I find very few [ there ] as that unique. 

A huge hug coming your way. I really missed *** `MISSED` you sweet friend. We are doing fine. Later with news.

@Oznell

________________ Bingo__________NAES  ( NAES1) fitting!

@Oznell wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

Whoops, that was craggy! Geeze, been away TOO long.

But crappy may work for some scenes.

@Oznell  See post previous to the BAM error, I envisioned.

Name at least three. Such an interesting adjective/ male.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1,  how great to hear from you!   I had started to notice your absence and am glad you've been your busy self and are touching base here again!

Well wishes to you and your discerning hubby too.  Wow, I could not agree more with you, @NAES1 ,  about the miscasting of Sally Field in "Absence of Malice".  Paul was so good, and the reporter had an annoying, sort of whiny quality, part of which was probably in the script, to be fair.  But that character did not really enhance the film.

It's my hubs that has "The Long Hot Summer" practically committed to memory, ha.  I'm amused that he gets such a kick out of it, but it does have such a collection of entertaining performances....

Ha, ha, re "craggy / crabby" mixup.  "Crabby" is definitely part of the Bogart mystique, now that you mention it....

Have a great summer, kind, funny @NAES1 ,   and stay in touch!   Fondly, oznell.