Honored Contributor

Here's a weird random thought

I was just realizing that a lot of movies and tv shows in production will have to stop too.

Just as people who watch and live by sports I thought yes this is really strange. Then probably no award shows for awhile, red carpets.

We'll have to pull up old posts of fashions. And pictures of William and Kate! I will miss that too!

The weird things you think about to occupy your mind or just to realize all the things that are changing.

It reminds me of people in London with black out shades during WW11.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here's a weird random thought

Going forward, we will all need to learn different ways of doing things. Pandemics change everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Good things can come from terrible times. I for one think a break from celebrities and their red carpets and award shows might be nice. Nice that Drs, Nurses, teachers, first responders  farmers, truckers and grocery store employees  are now our new heroes.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I am searching for things on TV that don't involve current events.  I get an odd cable channel that runs 'Hee Haw'.  Does anyone remember that show from the early 70's?  I can remember watching it way back when but watching it now, it is GREAT!! 

A combination of comedy skits and entertainment by some really good old-time country artists - plus its dated w/fashions and hairstyles so it brings me back to that period of time.  Tanya Tucker was on the other day and she was just a young teen-age girl - looked about 16 or so.

Roy Clark is SO talented.  And some of the comedy skits are so silly you just gotta laugh. 

I've also caught 'The Monkees' and 'Charlies Angels' and really enjoy the fashions and character actors that I've recognized over the years.

Also thank goodness for Judge Judy reruns.  Cat Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

So true!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Oh, so agreed, @Nancy Drew and @on the bay -- so glad those essential people on the front line are getting their due!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do think this is a fantastic time for retro TV of all kinds, (but of course I think ANY time is great for that...). But especially now.  My usual choices of detective series' like "Mannix",  "The Saint",  etc.,  courtroom dramas like "Perry Mason" and landmarks in television like the brilliant, film noir-ish David Janssen series, "The Fugitive", are my preference.  But I can see how classic comedies would be of special importance now too.  Yay for vintage TV! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before this all happened, Law & Order SVU has been running marathon shows on the weekends...channel USA. I love watching the older ones. They've been continuing it. 

***I never cared much for award shows. Lots of fluff and puffing up of their egos....long thank you speeches, too. 

Honored Contributor

i had read that so far at least 33 shows have stopped production!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen repeats of "Hee Haw". The show was silly and corny, but enjoyable. They did have talented guests on. SALUTE!

On MeTV, I also like watching "Svengoolie" He looks like a vampire and hosts old science fiction and horror movies. In between he makes remarks and talks about the actors in those movies. 

This might sound odd, but I like seeing episodes of "The Three Stooges." Not politically correct, they would never go over these days, but I find the stooges entertaining. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain