Trusted Contributor

Me too

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched 1 & 2 w/the third on tonight.  I must say it seems like their family was kinda dysfunctional w/all the suicides (including his own).  It's interesting, but I think he was a sad person.  Too bad.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4or anyone else interested... the doc is on Tubi.com "Running from Crazy". Mariel is the youngest of 3 sisters. They were children of alcoholics.   The doc is mostly about Margaux, the middle grandaughter of Jack, Ernest Heminway's first born.  Margaux and the oldest girl, Muffet(Joan) were affected by mental illness, Muffet more strikingly, as the doc revealed she was living in a sheltered, structured  group home.

It's too simplistic to toss off the descriptor "dysfunctional" in regards to the Hemingways.   They suffered from biologically based depression, and never addressed it. As Mariel noted in the doc, they were WASPs and nothing unpleasant was ever discussed.

Hemingway was a brilliant author but it would not surprise me that he suffered from bi-polar disorder. He just covered it up with booze, and his ego would not allow him insight into his conflicts and reach out for help, to be fair of which there was little in the era in which he lived.

Honored Contributor

When the episode wherein he is consistently killing animals for fun, I changed the channel, cannot stand anyone who hurts or kills animals, despicable!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

He was a cruel, disgusting individual.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

When the episode wherein he is consistently killing animals for fun, I changed the channel, cannot stand anyone who hurts or kills animals, despicable!

@mousiegirl   He liked bull fights which I find disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4   I agree!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4   I agree!

@mousiegirl   I changed it also. People today still kill animals for fun. Then...brag about it and take pictures. Disgusting humans.