Honored Contributor

On PBS tonight.  It looks very interesting.  I love the shows on PBS

Honored Contributor

I have seen shows about Hemingway .  This one is very well done and gives a lot of information on his life.  Excellent TV programming but then PBS always comes through with the best.

Respected Contributor

It was probably on later than I stay up, but it's on again maybe Sat. morning and that's when I'll watch it.

Respected Contributor

I read the "Paris Wife" a few years ago, mainly about his first marriage and it brought to life scenes with pictures. Ken Burns does a great job with  all his docunentaries. I went to Spain in 1970 for two months on a summer exchange and it was recommended to read his books.

Esteemed Contributor

I would certainly recommend watching this Hemingway documentary.  I agree with another poster that Ken Burns always produces excellent work.  This first part of three was indeed very well done.

@Gorgf, My younger DB also spent some time in Spain as an undergrad.  When I told him about this documentary, he immediately talked about Hemingway’s time in Spain.  DB was in Spain in the early 70s. He lived with a Spanish family while attending the University of Madrid.  DH and I went to Portugal and Spain as young marrieds In the early 1970s, after DB had left.  Loved both countries.

Frequent Contributor

I read profusely! That said I have never read Hemingway. I got on Amazon and downloaded "Islands in the Stream". I am now interested in his work from this documentary. 

Honored Contributor

I watched and enjoyed the show, interesting.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I saw an HBO documentary that Mariel Hemingway did on the family. It was depressing. Anyone else see it?

Respected Contributor

@spiderw Hemingway...one of my favorite authors....in the realm of F.Scott Fiztgerald..Sinclair Lewis....Steinbeck, etc.

Honored Contributor

Tobes

That is an excellent group of authors, all stand outs and genius  in their field.