Trusted Contributor

Helen McCrory Peaky Blinder's Actress dies

I was sad to see this, she was a great British Actress and very young.  She was only 52.  She was also in Harry Potter and several other shows.  She was married to Damien Lewis from Billions.  I think their children were young also.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Helen McCrory Peaky Blinder's Actress dies

So sad to read this.  She was such a treat to watch - loved her in Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter plus many other British shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

She also played Tony Blair's wife in the movie, "The Queen." I adore her husband, "Brody" from Homeland! I saw where she died of cancer. Does anybody know what kind of cancer? Just curious.

Trusted Contributor

I am devastated to hear this!!!! I did not know that she was sick. I was a fan and have seen all of her films. Gosh, I feel so shocked she and her husband, Damien Lewis, were so happy. She must have had stage 4 cancer because I just saw her in Roadkill on PBS with Hugh Laurie a couple of months ago.

Honored Contributor

I was very sad to read this also.  I only saw her once -- in a small but pivotal role in one of the James Bond films, Skyfall.  She was memorable, even if the role was very small.

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I am devastated to hear this!!!! I did not know that she was sick. I was a fan and have seen all of her films. Gosh, I feel so shocked she and her husband, Damien Lewis, were so happy. She must have had stage 4 cancer because I just saw her in Roadkill on PBS with Hugh Laurie a couple of months ago.

@Squirrel Lover 

I am a big fan too. I did not realize she was so ill.

Trusted Contributor

She was in a lot of films and  tv shows.  I just looked at the list on Wikepdia.  There is a show on Prime named "Feerless."  It's a british series and she is the lead as a lawyer.  I watched a few years ago but really enjoyed. 

Respected Contributor

I was not familiar with this actress but was surprised to learn she was married to Damian Lewis.  The message he left about her was beautiful and loving.

Trusted Contributor

Very sad, very young.

I remember her from the Dr. Who episode about vampires in Venice. She was a strong stage prescence and very beautiful.