Valued Contributor

I love Heather, but OMG--lay off the fillers!!!!  She was and IS such a beautiful woman.  Someone really needs to intervene, and her doctor needs to lose his license.  Sometimes you wonder where the loved ones are in these situations.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I saw the trailers for this show and, like some others, I thought "Who is that?"  I knew she looked familiar; then I realized it was Heather Locklear.

Thankfully for most of us, we're not under the pressure those in show business are (especially women) to try to remain "youthful".  I think of all the incredible, talented British actresses who've refused to partake of this Hollywood nonsense.

I remember, when I first moved to England and saw the actors and actresses, how shocked I was that they were simply normal, with all their flaws.  And I told my DH how they'd never be on American TV (or films) like that.  And I remember very quickly thinking how great it was to watch real people without the unreal expectation of (supposed) perfection.

@Venezia

It's one thing for actors to grow old gracefully, but too many of them need to see a dentist ... STAT.   It's almost painful to have to look at nasty teeth in need of attention.  Not talking about them getting the big white chicklets, but yellow and crooked teeth are just awful.  JMO 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your review, Colliemom!   Glad to hear that the show seems like it might have promise, so far.  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

Re: Heather Locklear

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 - Well, I never saw any like that, so I guess I'd have to know which specific actors you're talking about.  I was referring to the fact that the actors looked their age, wrinkles, imperfect skin and all.

(And, to be honest, I find the blindingly, artifical whilte, perfect teeth of some actors here to be distracting.  I see that and always think "Wow, that's one enormous dental bill and maintenance routine!"  JMO - everyone's different.)

Honored Contributor

Venezia wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 - Well, I never saw any like that, so I guess I'd have to know which specific actors you're talking about.  I was referring to the fact that the actors looked their age, wrinkles, imperfect skin and all.

(And, to be honest, I find the blindingly, artifical whilte, perfect teeth of some actors here to be distracting.  I see that and always think "Wow, that's one enormous dental bill and maintenance routine!"  JMO - everyone's different.)

Ha!  That reminds me of the 'Friends' episode when Ross got his teeth whitened.  He couldn't even smile and had a date so he tried to keep his mouth closed or covered as much as he could.  When she turned down the lights there she had a black light on.  He smiled and it was like neon.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia

I also dislike the neon white teeth ... too artificial.   

I really couldn't name any specific British actors with nasty teeth I mentioned previously  .... just that I find it distracting when I see it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Heather Locklear

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia

I also dislike the neon white teeth ... too artificial.   

I really couldn't name any specific British actors with nasty teeth I mentioned previously  .... just that I find it distracting when I see it.

shoekitty said

omg, I too hate those neon white perfect teeth.  Certainly older people look awful in those perfect bright white teeth.  It is a pet peeve of mine, and why I have avoided veneers in the front.  Scared,  they either make big bunny like teeth, or make them look like false teeth, lol. and I don' care how good the dentist is, or how much one pays, it is rare they look natural.  Could be people ask for them.

I have known 2 close friends who had a great smile, unique in a good, good way.  One had teeth similar to Cher's old teeth.  Then she had them done straight as a pin, white, and they looked thicker for some reason.  Changed her whole jaw line, look.  Everyone was so disappointed and sad, because we did love how she looked.  But, hey...she loved them, so what else matters.?

Sorry to to blather on.  I guess you see, it is a pet peeve of mine, lol!! 😹

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I'm watching her now on Tyler Perry's new TLC show called Too Close To Home. Anyhow, I am shocked because I think she looks awful. It appears she's had a LOT of work done on her face. It looks so puffy and her eyes look huge. I just wondered if anyone else saw her? 

@colliemom4

So .... has anyone seen the show?   Was it any good?

Honored Contributor

About all I watch are British / Australian and Scottish dramas and mysteries.  Vera, New Tricks, Shetland, morse, endevour, Foyles war, inspector Lynley, inspector Lewis, frost, Midsomer murders, miss fisher murder mysteries, Murdoch mysteries, cracker, waking the dead to name a few.  I collect all the DVDs.  I agree with the British teeth thing, as well as euro countries.  Most do not get teeth fixed.  They just don't.  Many times they have teeth missing from the side you can clearly see.  It is not something they judge as harshly as they do here.  I also think dentistry is not what it is here.  They have the national health, and I hear it is hard to be seen at dentist and it is basic stuff.  Braces are not used like they are here, although they are starting too to a lot of ortho work on the young kids now.  But those older than 30, didn't always have orthodontic work available at a price most people could afford.  Same with plastic surgery.  You have to go to private practice for that, and it is very expensive.  The older British people aren't as critical as we Americans are about dental work.  In the shows I watch the main stars seem to have decent teeth, but over bites, buck teeth, crooked teeth are left au natural. 

Respected Contributor

I keep looking at Simon Cowell too. I swear it looks like he's had fillers in his cheeks ugh. Stop!