Re: Heather Locklear hospitalized after claiming she was going to shoot herself

???? What is this about ?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

‘....hard to drum up much sympathy...’

Good holy.

The mental ‘dust’ hasn’t even settled on Kate Spade &

Anthony Bourdain and people are making remarks like this?  

Wow....people really can be cruel.

I agree Woman Tongue there is a segment of posters that seem to thrive (enjoy) other's misfortunes and struggles.  The gossip and judgment...It's repulsive Woman Sad 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fame ...Fortune....despair...

..some people handle  fame with all its glory and then the aftermath when no one wants you anymore well....others not so much.  

Heather needs an intevention of some kind or she will kill herself and possibly others if drinking and driving....or whatever else she is on.....

She needs to know that she is valuable as a human being, not just valuable cause she is  famous. Fame is fleeting, like looks and health....you must adjust to the changes or.....not good.....

Honored Contributor

Right on cue Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I wish her the best. 

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for her daughter, I feel sorry for the people who love her but I don't feel worry for her.  She can afford excellent treatment facilities, she can afford therapists.  She has access to whatever it takes to get clean and sober.  She just doesn't too.  She plays the "rehab game" whenever she gets arrested but she doesn't commit to it.  

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add - sentiments of superiority.  And ignorance.

Honored Contributor

You guys have 'heard' me say before from the time I was born until I was around 13 I was raised by my alcoholic (functioning) father, my grandmother and her daughter (my Aunt).

My Aunt was what would now be called bi-polar.  I never knew when I woke up in the morning if I was going to hear my Aunt walking around saying (over and over), "Oh! Me!"  that what she'd say.  

Eventually, someone (either another Aunt probably) called and the men (literally in white coats) came and off she went in their car.  Some time later, she'd be back and was back to her old (compulsive OCD unbelievable self).  I eventually found out she'd get electric shock therapy.

My reason for posting this is because back then, my grandmother didn't need any kind of special legal documents to get help for her.  Someone made a phone call, they'd come and she'd get the help she needed.  

I'm not going to get into it here any of the legalities for things to happen.  I just feel like often people are not capable of making their own decisions of needing help.  I think the law doesn't know what's best for a family member.  I think those who love Heather and want help for her need to decide what's best.

It sounds like she might be dangerous to herself and others.  Someone needs to check her into a hospital and she needs to stay there until she is is better and not just for a few days but for however long it takes.

These problems carry over to generations.  I'll pretty much guarantee you that daughter will have emotional difficulties probably for the rest of her life.  She will have to learn to deal with what she has experienced since she was young.

I hope she gets the help SHE needs to so she can have a wonderful life everyone deserves.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I feel sorry for her daughter, I feel sorry for the people who love her but I don't feel worry for her.  She can afford excellent treatment facilities, she can afford therapists.  She has access to whatever it takes to get clean and sober.  She just doesn't too.  She plays the "rehab game" whenever she gets arrested but she doesn't commit to it.  

@chrystaltree.  Money and what she can afford has absolutely nothing to do with it. She is sick, she is addicted. She is not playing any game.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree - I don't think the money part is the issue. I know several people who just couldn't be rehabilitated. There were plenty of stays in facilities, therapists, etc. My brother is the perfect example of this - after awhile, they are just lost and you have to separate yourself from them.