Respected Contributor

I am addicted to this series.  When I get to the last show I will feel like I lost my whole family.  I hope there will be something else to get into.  I shed a few tears almost every show.  I want to pack up my bags and move to heartland.  

Valued Contributor

I agree.  This is a wonderful show!  My daugher and I have been watching it for probably close to 10 years now.  It is actually Canada's long-running TV show ever.  Just so you're aware, Netflix doesn't carry all the seasons of Heartland that are available.  The newest season is Season 13 (My daugher and I are watching it now.).  The UP Faith & Family Channel has exclusive rights to show the newest seasons in the US.  I subscribe to UP Faith & Family via my Amazon Prime account.  There is also a Season 14 in the works.  

Occasional Contributor

The best show.  My husband and I just finished the 13 season and now we are lost with nothing to wear.  I would look forward to watching it at night after a long day at work.  Can't wait for season 14.

Honored Contributor

I love this show and think it may be the best series ever televised.  Every episode is consistently interesting and well written.

I've twice been to the part of Alberta where it's filmed and it's breathtaking.  Everyone shoul should put a trip to the Canadian Rockies on their bucket list.

I've occasionally picked up some of the new episodes on YouTube.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Okay I need some of you to tell me it gets better....I watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and didn't care for it. 

The scenery is amazing, the horses are wonderful, the actors are all very attractive...even DH commented that grandpa is good looking...I said yes he's ruggedly handsome...but the plots are so predictable and thin.

Now I know that this has been on for almost 14 years plus it's won several awards.  The teen who is the main character is almost 30 years old now!

However I find the character development and plots sorely lacking....it's just too predictable....does it get better?  I want to like this show...I really do!

Super Contributor

Re: Heartland on Netflix

[ Edited ]

I finished watching the whole series and am at a loss as to what to watch now. It has been an  enjoyable, simple diversion. No gratuitous violence, nudity, or swearing was refreshing. Emphasis on family values without shoving it down your throat... the scenery was extraordinary and loved  the music.  Now i need suggestions on what to watch now!

Respected Contributor

I just finished the last season of Heartland on Netflix.  I can catch the seasons 12 and 13 on dish on demand but will have to watch commercials.  I did not care as much for the last seasons with the whole mongolian thing ...I thought Ty was really selfish leaving Amy all the time.  I watched it thinking how different Amy and Tys relationship would be if they did not have endless free babysitting and help with a place to live and free meals etc....Put Ty and Amy in the real world with financial difficulties and childcare, not able to do what they want all the time,  and the love story might would be different.  I loved this show as it passed a lot of my time and was so sweet but it was almost like science fiction as far as being even close to reality.  Also I think the part of Lisa and her doing all that babysitting etc, cooking for everyone was really unrealistic.  It was sweet and heartwarming though.  

Respected Contributor

I love Heartland, the earlier seasons are my favorites.  

I really want to like the Lisa character, but I just cannot.  She is the only one I do not care for.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Seasons 12 and 13 are now on Netflix.
Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I agree.  This is a wonderful show!  My daugher and I have been watching it for probably close to 10 years now.  It is actually Canada's long-running TV show ever.  Just so you're aware, Netflix doesn't carry all the seasons of Heartland that are available.  The newest season is Season 13 (My daugher and I are watching it now.).  The UP Faith & Family Channel has exclusive rights to show the newest seasons in the US.  I subscribe to UP Faith & Family via my Amazon Prime account.  There is also a Season 14 in the works.  

Do I have to watch all of the seasons to be caught up because I can't watch 13 seasons.