Trusted Contributor

Heads up for you fans out there -

TWD returns next Sunday, Feb. 10.  AMC will be playing the last two seasons back-to-back starting Sat. afternoon. 

I'd like to see the earlier seasons rerun at some point, as they're my favorite. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Heads Up - The Walking Dead

Thanks for the heads up.  I saw a commercial yesterday showing a whisperer sewing up a mask.  Very creepy.  Can't wait til the 10th !

Honored Contributor

Season 8 was not one of my favorites.

I watched a couple of episodes Sunday but it was so dark and everyone fighting & killing.   Sometimes you didn't know the good guys from the bad.  Glad that's over.

I thought "Adaptation" was good.   After the cemetery fight & the loss of Jesus, we needed a little breather.    It was good to see all the major characters in their different roles, reminds me of the earlier seasons.

TWD is making a big deal out of this new character Alpha, who doesn't impress me.    The Whisperers scare me to death, however.    More than hearing the Saviors whistling in the woods.     When you see a "walker" duck, change direction, stop & stare, yeah that's scary.   But her & her sawed off shotgun, not so much.   Yet.

@Shogirl

@PhilaLady1

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show in general, like seeing the characters interact after long absences from each other and seeing Daryl take a more active role.  I am also enjoying the new characters as they take more active roles in the communities. 

Comments:

-Poor Negan!  I actually felt sorry for him.  He seemed old and frail out there on his own and it seemed like he was resigned to return to Alexandria.  I think he's going to try to strike a deal with them to let him out of his cell for some daytime activity.

-I'm not understanding Judith being allowed to run around the woods by herself.  She seems fully capable of handling herself, but not where the Whisperers are concerned.  And, she's still a child!

-Speaking of which, I'm not getting what the Whisperers are all about.  They don't make sense to me.  All it appears like they're doing is spying on people, and then terrorizing and killing them... but for what?   That girl that they captured said something to the effect that their mentality is "kill or be killed", but that just seems dumb to me.

-I guess we're to assume that the Saviors basically disappeared as an organized group.

-Please tell us what those scars are on the backs of Michonne and Daryl!  Their cryptic conversation about it just raised more questions....

-I really liked seeing Daryl's role expanded and seeing him being more forceful as far as taking charge goes, rather than just running for the hills.  He's also more saavy than I've ever given him credit for...

-Michonne really has a chip on her shoulder over something that I guess we'll find out at some point.  Tara seems pressured over being in charge.  Carol just seems older and wiser.

-I find the relationship between Rosita and the Preacher to be really far fetched.  When she told Saddiq that she thought she was pregnant by him, I could so see the two of them together.   And, poor Eugene for having to overhear that!  Rosita doesn't seem like the mother type, so that should be an interesting storyline.

-Since I heard Danai will be leaving next season, I have to wonder where that storyline will go, especially since she has the two kids. 

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I enjoyed the show in general, like seeing the characters interact after long absences from each other and seeing Daryl take a more active role.  I am also enjoying the new characters as they take more active roles in the communities. 

Comments:

-Poor Negan!  I actually felt sorry for him.  He seemed old and frail out there on his own and it seemed like he was resigned to return to Alexandria.  I think he's going to try to strike a deal with them to let him out of his cell for some daytime activity.

-I'm not understanding Judith being allowed to run around the woods by herself.  She seems fully capable of handling herself, but not where the Whisperers are concerned.  And, she's still a child!

-Speaking of which, I'm not getting what the Whisperers are all about.  They don't make sense to me.  All it appears like they're doing is spying on people, and then terrorizing and killing them... but for what?   That girl that they captured said something to the effect that their mentality is "kill or be killed", but that just seems dumb to me.

-I guess we're to assume that the Saviors basically disappeared as an organized group.

-Please tell us what those scars are on the backs of Michonne and Daryl!  Their cryptic conversation about it just raised more questions....

-I really liked seeing Daryl's role expanded and seeing him being more forceful as far as taking charge goes, rather than just running for the hills.  He's also more saavy than I've ever given him credit for...

-Michonne really has a chip on her shoulder over something that I guess we'll find out at some point.  Tara seems pressured over being in charge.  Carol just seems older and wiser.

-I find the relationship between Rosita and the Preacher to be really far fetched.  When she told Saddiq that she thought she was pregnant by him, I could so see the two of them together.   And, poor Eugene for having to overhear that!  Rosita doesn't seem like the mother type, so that should be an interesting storyline.

-Since I heard Danai will be leaving next season, I have to wonder where that storyline will go, especially since she has the two kids. 

@Shogirl  Norman (Daryl) talked about the marks on his and Michonne's backs, and said we will learn of it, and it is horrifying, my word can't remember his word, what they went through, so again, we wait, lol.