All day and evening on Antenna TV

Trusted Contributor

There is also a Mannix marathon on Decades Smiley Very Happy

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

There is also a Mannix marathon on Decades Smiley Very Happy

Woman Happy

Sadly, we lost that wonderful channel 3 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

Did anybody else like the Hazel show better the first 4 years, before they changed half of the cast?    It was still ok but I do prefer the original cast.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Did anybody else like the Hazel show better the first 4 years, before they changed half of the cast?    It was still ok but I do prefer the original cast.

in the 5th and final season the show moved from nbc to cbs and cbs thought it would generate a newer, younger audience with a younger cast. I think it was just a ploy to fire Blake and DeFore for unknowns who worked a lot cheaper. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching today and she always me laugh.  I did not like the fifth season, it wasn't the same.

We lost the Decades channel a few years ago.  Wish they would bring it back.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have that channel but watch Hazel every weekday morning on FETV, double episodes, 9 to 10 am.  My morning wouldn't be the same without her.  Totally agree about the original cast being so much better.

Honored Contributor

Shirley Booth was a real talent, she excelled in every character she played, especially in her Oscar for Come Back Little Sheba. She was not a glamour girl, just a darn good actress. 

Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch Hazel when it was originally televised.  But I sure have been enjoying the marathon this evening!  I miss this kind of comedy on TV. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I just turned to it I like Hazel.  I only like the older show with  original cast