Honored Contributor

What a WONDERFUL post!

Many thanks!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager  I loved her in Pollyanna and also, when my children were young, Good Morning Miss Bliss/Saved By The Bell. 

Honored Contributor

how nice for her.....it looks like she was both surprised AND thrilled!

i know she is active on the "con" circuit. i was supposed to see her twice in the last two years, along with her sister, but they cancelled due to covid issues.

one of my favorite movies of hers is THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS. i also remember her from the first season of SAVED BY THE BELL. she was great in THE PARENT TRAP.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

how nice for her.....it looks like she was both surprised AND thrilled!

i know she is active on the "con" circuit. i was supposed to see her twice in the last two years, along with her sister, but they cancelled due to covid issues.

one of my favorite movies of hers is THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS. i also remember her from the first season of SAVED BY THE BELL. she was great in THE PARENT TRAP.

How could I forget those two.  I guess I have several favorites.  Parent Trap is really good sometimes it was hard to believe there were not two different actresses, she was so good.  Trouble With Angeles another great one.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing this nice story and photos. 

Trusted Contributor

I think Hayley looks exactly the same...her looks haven't changed a bit, just a little older.

My BF and I were great fans of hers and loved all of her movies.  We'd buy the "movie magazines" if she was in it.

I didn't know she has written her autobiography.  I want to read it.

Thanks so much for this thread.

Honored Contributor

That is just awesome!  I am so glad that they gave that to her!  She is so pretty.  I am glad that she has not gotten a bunch of stuff done to her face so that she is unrecognizable.  I absolutely loved her when she was Pollyanna.  And those pictures of Annette and Shirley - both gorgeous women!  Thank you for posting!  This reminds me that I want to read Hayley's book.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Anyone who enjoyed Hayley Mills' movies has to read her autobiography.

The information is fascinating, and I love her candid admissions.

I love her book!

Esteemed Contributor

Some interesting trivia from the Oscars for 1960 awarded in April 1961:

Hayley was the last recipient of the juvenile Oscar.  Shortly thereafter  child performers competed equally in the regular acting categories. 

It was the first appearance of the "Red Carpet."

"The Apartment " was the last black and white Best Picture winner until "Schindler's List" over 30 years later.

All four acting recipients were present:  Peter Ustinov, Shirley Jones,  Elizabeth Taylor and Burt Lancaster. 

ddd0c9dd4649efb291ac5f541a04b79d.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

Thank you for this post!  I adore Hayley.  I did not know about her book and definitely will be reading it.

I love all of her movies.  Two of my favorites are Moon Spinners and The Chalk Garden.  I have the DVD of Moon Spinners but cannot find one of The Chalk Garden. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward