Esteemed Contributor

Hawaii Five-O Series Finale

[ Edited ]

Hawaii Five-O has been cancelled.It has been on for ten seasons. The series finale will be on 4/3 for two hours. Apparent!y, Alex has serious back issues and couldn't continue. They thought about replacing him but it wouldn't be the same.

I wil! miss the series on Friday nignts. Hopefully, the replacement won't be another reality series.  I really liked the cast and hopefully will see some of them soon in another series.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hawaii Five-O Series Finale

It's one of my favorite shows

Esteemed Contributor

The series finale is on April 3 with a two hour episode.

I love the show and am so disappointed it is ending.  Supposedly the producers wanted it to go for twelve seasons, like the original series.   Watched the original and this version since the beginning.  I will miss it on Friday nights.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to read this. I love that show. 

Respected Contributor

My DH has always liked the show because it reminded him of the original.

Once we went to Hawaii and saw them filming the show on site across Honolulu.

I was extremely disappointed when two key actors left a few years ago due to contract negotiations.

More or less the show has run its course and I am bored with all the ongoing never-resolved romantic relationship issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear it's ending.  But, if Alex has back issues, that's more important.   No, it wouldn't be the same without him.  Maybe some of the characters could crossover to Magnum from time to time.

I'm afraid Blue Bloods will be next.  Tom has some health issues too.  In most if the shows, he's always sitting.

Respected Contributor

Wow didn't know the show was being cancelled...this may explain why so many characters were absent during the season. I loved the original Five-O and really liked this series...hoping Alex gets better!

Respected Contributor

The show had a good run.

I started watching from the very first episode. I liked the original show with Jack Lord, but what really drew me in was Alex O'Loughlin ( I first saw him playing a vampire in the series Moonlight) and Daniel Dae Kim (who I loved in the series Lost).

When Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park left the show, it just wasn't the same and I stopped watching. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still a lot of good characters to work with good actors. However the writing has not been good for awhile now. Once Chin and Kono left and Danny gone every other week it never really recovered. Just should of paid them equally..

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I watched until my two favorites,Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim (been a fan for years), left. I never watched after that except for an odd episode a couple of times. I thought it was really bad.