Honored Contributor

Re: Hawaii Five-0 announcement

@AuntG wrote:

Perhaps they held out for higher wages and management called their bluff. So long, Chin and Kono.

@AuntG

So what?   If you work at a job for several years, doing a good job, don't you hope for a salary increase at some point?    I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Perhaps they held out for higher wages and management called their bluff. So long, Chin and Kono.

@AuntG

So what?   If you work at a job for several years, doing a good job, don't you hope for a salary increase at some point?    I really don't see anything wrong with that.

------

While I don't know if that happened, I'm just saying it might have backfired.  There are countless cases of actors who were written out of series over disputes.  Three's Company, Two and a Half Men, Dallas.......

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to see these two characters go.  It would be believable for Chin's character to go to San Francisco and be with his girlfriend, but Kono's absence wouldn't be so believable.

She is back with her husband since he is out of jail and may be pregnant, but instead she is going to leave Hawaii to track down those ringleaders.  

Esteemed Contributor

Show might be in the last year and the stars are dropping off.  P erhaps they are being offered other opportunities before the end.

Occasional Contributor

Yesterday  it was announced that Kono and Chin would NOT be returning to Hawaii due to salary disputes.  Two of my favorite characters and I decided then I would NOT continue with the show.  Now, with McGarrett not returning after next season, WHY BOTHER!  Too bad, Hawaii Five-O is/was one of my favorites on Friday nights. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG

------

While I don't know if that happened, I'm just saying it might have backfired.  There are countless cases of actors who were written out of series over disputes.  Three's Company, Two and a Half Men, Dallas.......

@AuntG, your are so right!

Esteemed Contributor

People get burned out with their roles and want to move on before they are seen as a character and not able to get a job in a new role. Although they may have wanted a salary increase, I do not see them as equal to Alex or Scott. I really liked Kim but never did get into Parks character that much.  I loved the original Hawaii Five-0 and like this one but it does not measure up to the original. I didn't watch it that much last year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
QVC Customer Care