Regular Contributor

Having a bad time trying to navigate forums even with hints!!-why 3 year old threads???

I just have an awful time  with forums lumped together and still don't see why 2 and 3 year old threads are on any of the threads...

"You never know when the last time is the last time"

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Having a bad time trying to navigate forums even with hints!!-why 3 year old threads???

[ Edited ]

After "playing around" with the new system for several days, I can function -- but the new forums are poorly designed, missing key features, cluttered with unnecessary steps and options, unnecessarily complicated, hard to navigate.......just a mistake, as far as I'm concerned.  We were much better off with the old design.

I'm no computer genius, but working in medical/administrative settings, I've learned and used word processing programs, appointment and billing programs, electronic medical records, various databases and email systems..........and this set-up is lousy.  Clearly, it was designed by IT beginners with very little understanding of how these boards are used on a day to day basis......and with little or no beta testing or input from users.  I imagine most people will manage to adapt, but the boards won't be as efficient or as much fun as before.  Unfortunate.

Respected Contributor

Re: Having a bad time trying to navigate forums even with hints!!-why 3 year old threads???

This forum looks to me like a typical no frills forum board that's used on many internet sites. I belong to several other website forums and most are like this.

This new forum has a few improved things the last forum didn't have i.e.I like that we can change the font size, its saves a draft of your post, avatars (not important to me but I know others like them), etc.

But, I agree, there are things I don't like about it, i.e. it's hard to get around to find things, the colors are hard to see, default font is small, iPad issues, etc.

Like anything, after a while we'll all get used to it.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

Determined users may indeed "get used to it", but overall the new boards are not an improvement.  The redesign has some nice-and-fancy new bells and whistles, but it is harder to navigate, more complicated to use, harder to figure out........just not nearly as simple, direct, and easy as before.  A big step down, as far as I can see.

Valued Contributor

Well, I don't watch QVC much anymore, because the format and repetitive shows just bore me, and now the management has pretty much messed up the one thing I did enjoy about the Q - the forums. I find the new format here to be fairly complicated to use and I don't feel like getting a headache trying to find things and figure things out. So I now find myself coming to the forums less and less. I suppose it doesn't matter to the powers that be, that they have lost a customer. I am not opposed to change, but it should be change for the better, not the worst. I was afraid this was going to happen when they announced the coming of the new boards!!!!

Honored Contributor

Ringer, I agree with you about questioning why old posts (2 and 3 years old are on here), especially when it comes to TV.  It's difficult enough to keep up with shows are are broght up from last year.

Sometimes this new forum makes my head hurt.

Honored Contributor

I think everyone should go on the section below that says, "SUGGESTION BOX" and let the stupids who change this know how frustrated we are and how much we dislike this new forum.

If nothing else they should separate our TV, books and movie forum back to the way it used to be.  Everyone wants it that way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I fine is QVC shopping forum is so customer unfriendly I look at it and just STARE...

Now I wonder where I might fine this under what click...

The problem is they keep changing the definition of terms and words, it is what ever that person who control the way what title or word they will give it...

you just get used to it, and than they go and change it again....

what up with all of that?

The highest number should be the end, not the lowest number 1 should be the starting ...

When one logs in what you look for is either

what is on air now, or the today's special

Next

Most recently on, and than TV on air, for those of us who watch online...

it was nice when they had the strip banner across to see the list of items now you have to hunt for behind which click...

I swear we are going backwards...

Hey you generation clowns man has been doing just fine in communications for eons, for some reason you feel you can do better, well it is a mess.... 

Oh life at the Whims of men instead of Rule of law...

Rules or principles helps multitudes of people to know which way to go...

Honored Contributor

java, I totally agree with you.  Just a few minutes ago I assume a post started on a new page.  I wanted to try to find the other comments on the subject but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Suddenly that post where someone  took over a person's name popped up and I thought i'd go crazy getting rid of it!

It is so frustrating.  I loved the way I could scan down the page and see who was posting about the different subjects, click on and see what they were up to.  It was really nice.

Now, I feel like I don't know what's going on 1/2 of the time.....ok, most of the time.

Why do you think they changed the forum?  I was one of the one's contacted and asked a variety of questions and they kept saying, "you cannot divulge the contents of the questions".  WHHAAATTTT?  Evidentally, they've never read my posts.  I don't remember stuff like that even if I wanted to tell (which obviously, I didn't because I never said anything until after the fact.

Ugh!  This isn't fun.....give us back our old forum.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Annabel if you believe in the good book hold on to it dearly for the ride is just starting and it is going to get more chaotic as time goes by....

We have several generations that have been raised with out sound a

foundation, and have been turn lose to do what ever pops in their head...

some were wavering seeds to began with, now are like babies with Tommy guns...

Unless one was nurtured toward the light, it will become survival of the fittest... there will be no compassion for their follow man...

Reading Drudge Report is like reading the globe, once upon a time those were rarities, now it is the norm, even reading an news article and down below will all kinds of atrocity that man commits on another....

Sad to say many of us did not grow up in the world as it is today and many are unable to quicken to the fact that things are disintegrating  fast...

How can so many know what they are missing when it no longer existed in their lifetime... and also when they read about this with out a balance, how can they make up their minds that things in life are not perfect, but some methods of living work 10 times better than what is going on to day...

Like Paul Harvey would say, and now your know the rest of the story...

the biggest crime that has been committed in the last 30 years was what they omitted, deleted or distorted in the class rooms... and because of this a whole generations is like a bunch of lemmings, or those who followed the NEA school agenda which had nothing to do with education, but to poison minds, as in the pied piper http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/disturbing-true-story-pied-piper-hamelin-001969