Honored Contributor

Have you seen the ride called "Sling shot"?

That came up on You Tube last night.  Man, people pass out on that. They had kids on that and they passed out.  That's a ride for adults not kids. Geez.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen the ride called "Sling shot"?

Were they little kids or teenagers?

Trusted Contributor

I never heard of this before so I just googled it and watched a couple of videos. People have to be absolutely insane to ride on something like that!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Were they little kids or teenagers?

There were some really young ones, I wouldn't have allowed my child on that and I wouldn't get on it either.  I guess there were a few teens, but that's a horrible ride.

Respected Contributor

We have had this ride in Ocean City, MD for years. Now in my younger days, I foolishly rode some pretty hairy stuff because I loved the adrenaline rush.  I have been tempted because I have stood and watched quite a few times, but I'm skeered my heart would give out!  My 40 yo daughter was also a thrill seeker on rides, but she has said "no way, not that one."

Valued Contributor

@bmorechick ...  there is a Slingshot in OCNJ too ...  I've watched it ...  there's not enough money on this planet ...

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me!

Respected Contributor

I've seen  some videos where the kids start to slide down and it seems like they are going to slide out of the restraints. And plenty of adults pass out and their friends sitting next to them are cracking up. Crazy.

Honored Contributor

When one of my kids was young I let her ride an innocent looking ride with a neighbor. Well once she got on it turned upside down etc. If I would have known it would have done all that I wouldn't have let her ride it. When she got off her nose was bleeding for quite a while thought it finally stopped. It scared me at first because to see her getting off the ride with blood pouring out of her nose. I can't imagine someone passing out from a ride. That's just wrong.