Esteemed Contributor

Have you seen the latest IKEA commercial?

I love when the woman checks her receipt and runs out of the store hollering at her husband to "start the car....."

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen the latest IKEA commercial?

Yes, it's really funny.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I didn't think it was funny last year and it isn't funny this year. But that's just me.

Esteemed Contributor

Valued Contributor

That commerical is recycled from 2006, I love that commerical, it reminds me of a dear friend that past away in 2006, she was my shopping buddy and we loved a deal and she would have reacted in that way to that sale... lol  Every time I see it I think of her and miss her dearly, she was a funny lady!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

That commerical is recycled from 2006, I love that commerical, it reminds me of a dear friend that past away in 2006, she was my shopping buddy and we loved a deal and she would have reacted in that way to that sale... lol  Every time I see it I think of her and miss her dearly, she was a funny lady!

@Chicagoan, thank you so much for letting me know.  I didn't know that.  It's on youtube as Winter Sale 2017.

I love that silly lady.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@chicagoan wrote:

@Chicagoan, thank you so much for letting me know.  I didn't know that.  It's on youtube as Winter Sale 2017.

I love that silly lady.  LOL.

That commercial is on tv here.  I don't know which channel.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Sorry, I didn't think it was funny last year and it isn't funny this year. But that's just me.

No, you're not alone. There have been a couple other threads on this commercial and many of us hate it. I can't hit the mute button fast enough!

Respected Contributor

It's an old commercial.  And I don't know anyone who dresses that way to go shopping.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

It's an old commercial.  And I don't know anyone who dresses that way to go shopping.  

@Catty2 It's an obvious take on another period in time.  I can tell that much by looking at the hubby and the car in the commercial.  Maybe the 50's or 60's.  Who knows, maybe that's part of the intent of the "sale" commerical?   Prices so low they're from the 60's?  

Where I live, some women must wear all their gold with a Michael Kors bag with a fake tan and square nails.  Or, they have short jackets with run over uggs.  To each his own.

*Call Tyrone*