Respected Contributor

Have you ever watched a Commercial and........

Enjoyed the music so much - the singer was Dean Martin  the song "Let me tell you bout the birds and the bees"  the commercial for VW cars  - I went straight to you tube to listen to Mr. Martin again.  Such a small unexpected thing that gave me so much pleasure!   Has this ever happened to you?

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever watched a Commercial and........

Yes, I have Shazam'ed songs from commercials and television shows and added them to my playlist. I do it all the time. Just got one from the the show "Imposters" recently. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

Yes...years back i saw the Travelers Ins commercial....and i heard Ray LaMontagne sing "Trouble".....had to find out WHO was singing.....found out and have enjoyed alot of his songs since..........................................................

Valued Contributor

Can't remember the brand name now, but LOVE Johnny Cash singing "You Are My Sunshine"

cookin

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Yes, I have Shazam'ed songs from commercials and television shows and added them to my playlist. I do it all the time. Just got one from the the show "Imposters" recently. 

I do this, too. I'd say a fair chunk of the music I download comes from TV shows (especially So You Think You Can Dance) and commercials. My iTunes bill goes up whenever So You Think You Can Dance is in season. Smiley Happy

Right now an ad, I don't remember which one because I generally fast forward through all commercials, is using the song Via Con Me, by Paolo Conte. I downloaded the song many years ago after seeing it in a short animated film, but haven't played it in a while. The ad I saw made me pull the song up and play it a few times this week. 

Here's a YouTube video featuring Via Con Me, in case anyone is unfamiliar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_rGhcBgME

Honored Contributor

Yes!!  This fabulous, smooth jazzy-R&B-ish song by Bobby Caldwell,  "What You Won't Do For Love"  in the famously artful Mitsubishi Oultander Sport commercial.  Just hypnotic!

http://jalopnik.com/i-cant-stop-watching-this-mitsubishi-outlander-sport-a-1464334763

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can think of 3 commercials:

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Christmas album that was shown on TV end of last year.

Blue Bunny ice cream commerical that has a 4 Seasons song playing in the background.  Haven't seen that one in a long time.  I will always enjoy Frankie Valli's voice forever and ever and ever.

Home Goods commerical where the song goes.... "feels like home".  For some reason that silly commercial jingle pushes some kind of button in me and makes me want to cry.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue   Love this one  "chips chips!"

Trusted Contributor

cookinfreak wrote:

Can't remember the brand name now, but LOVE Johnny Cash singing "You Are My Sunshine"

cookin

@cookinfreak, "You Are My Sunshine" is a great song ... when my GD was born my SIL chose this as her song.   Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes, I enjoy that commercial.  He had such a good voice and it brings back lots of good memories.