Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever walked out of a movie?

[ Edited ]

On a cruise--it was showing Slumdog Millionaire, a much awarded movie.  I walked out after about 15 minutes.  Glad I didn't pay to see it in a movie theater.

Also went with some friends to see one of the Star War movies, I think it was episode 1 but I'm not sure--they're all alike--LOL!  Lasted about an hour and then went out to the lobby until it was over.  So boring.

Super Contributor

The Last Emporer. I was about 12, my parents and I left around 30 minutes into the movie.

Respected Contributor

Nope, as many times as we used to go to the movies (pre-pandemic), we have never walked out. There are movies we did not care for. But walking out…nah.
Trusted Contributor

Not me personally, but I am not one much for movies.  I do remember my co-worker telling about herself and her husband walking out on 50 Shades of Grey.

Esteemed Contributor

No, but myself and the rest of movie goers in the theatre talked through "He Knows You're Alone" because it was so bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I walked out of "No Country for Old Men" ( too much violence) and went across the hall to see "27 Dresses". DH stayed and watched original movie.
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

On a cruise--it was showing Slumdog Millionaire, a much awarded movie.  I walked out after about 15 minutes.  Glad I didn't pay to see it in a movie theater.

Also went with some friends to see one of the Star War movies, I think it was episode 1 but I'm not sure--they're all alike--LOL!  Lasted about an hour and then went out to the lobby until it was over.  So boring.

Agree with you on Stars Wars~I was not into them either, and to this day don't understand the love of them! I feel same about Star Trek, so it's obviously just a personal preference for space type movies/tv shows, that I don't have. I also saw only the first Star Wars movie, and I recall almost falling asleep. I find that stuff boring too!

I did recall liking Slumdog Millionare though.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I don't believe I've ever walked out of a movie, but this week we watched 2 movies on Netflix, "The Lost Daughter" and "Power of the Dog" and thought there 4+ hours I'll never get back.  I know everyone has their own opinions, but if these 2 are Oscar nominees, I'm so glad I didn't spend money to see them at the movies.  When I go to the movies, and I haven't been to a theater since before Covid, I want to be entertained.  I don't want to search for hidden meanings.  Give me a good comedy or psychological drama.   

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker   I didn't see either of these movies, but I mentioned on another thread that I often find Oscar nominated movies to be two thumbs down for me!

Honored Contributor

Monty Python many years ago. And Knives Out a few years ago. Ready to fall asleep during both.