Respected Contributor

Re: Have watched a few Hallmark holiday movies

I saw Cameron Bure in one last night and wished I hadn't lol

Honored Contributor

I try my best to watch all of them each year and so far I'm on schedule.  A couple were clunkers, but for the most part I have been pleasantly impressed. I agree with another poster that Hallmark is stepping up their game a bit with less formulaic story lines.

Last night I watched "Three Wise Men and a Baby" and it had some actual LOL moments.  I think all three of the guys were delightful and the woman who played the mom was very relatable.  I enjoyed it very much.

You have to take them with a grain of salt. Of course they are unrealistic, but that's why I love them - a total escape from the stress of the real world.  To tell the trutch, if they stop making happy endings I'll stop watching.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

When I analyze them, they are pretty bad, so I just mindlessly watch. Then they are total enjoyment! My observation is that those on the mystery and movie channel are better than the regular Hallmark movies.

Honored Contributor

I was commenting to my Husband how these movies are made too fast....And to many...same  storyline over and over again......same actors over and over again....

I call them TRASH MOVIES.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the movie, Crown for Christmas, with Danica McKellar.  I watched it twice so far....I liked it.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I liked this movie. I love all of the actors in it and it was outside of the normal formula for them. I Haven't been into much of this years so far. I did record the Tamera Mowry one because it looks funny but I haven't watched yet.

I was wondering if you watched "The Christmas Prince" yet and if you did, what did you think of it?    I enjoyed it. Obviously it was far-fetched but there was something about it that I liked.  The little girl was so adorable.  I've always been a fan of Tamara Mowry.  
Respected Contributor

@lmt 

I hope you have seen "Wedding every Weekend".  Its a winner with these actors.

Trusted Contributor

I liked 3 Men and a Baby.  I found it very funny and a nice departure from the typical Hallmark movie.  

Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I saw Cameron Bure in one last night and wished I hadn't lol

Was it the new one on the Great American Family Channel? I read some pretty bad reviews.

Trusted Contributor