Honored Contributor

Re: Have just discovered the CBS show "Mom"

@denisemb wrote:

My name is Denise and I'm a bingeholic.  Fortunately reruns are shown on FXX, Paramount, Comedy Central, and Nick at Night.  Current episodes are CBS.

If you enjoy comedies about disfunctional recovering alcoholics/drug addicts and their families with black humor, it's a good watch.  (There are serious issues covered also.)

Produced by Chuck Lorre - Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Grace Under Fire, 2-1/2 Men and more.

I have watched the show from the beginning. You wouldn't know it from watching it now, but Christy has a daughter (who gave birth as a teenager, gave the baby up for adoption) and a younger son. They haven't even been mentioned in several season.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE that show - it's sooo funny!

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

I have loved this show since I found it. Allison Janet is absolute perfection, but the rest of the cast, each and every one of them GLOW together.

My NEW favorite is Bob ❤️ Aboshila. Also an amazing ensemble and Billy Gardell, whom I found unbearable in the previous series, is suddenly 3 dimensional!! How did that happen?

I also enjoy Bob ❤️ Abishola.   It's really becoming one of my all time favorite sitcoms.  I've always enjoyed Bill Gardell.  When he was on Mike and Molly it was Melissa McCarthy that I disliked,  particularly in the later episodes when every s/l focused only on her.  

Last night episodes with Uncle Tunde was especially funny.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have watched the show from the beginning. You wouldn't know it from watching it now, but Christy has a daughter (who gave birth as a teenager, gave the baby up for adoption) and a younger son. They haven't even been mentioned in several season.

Jordan2 I ran across "Mom" one late night when a rerun station showed the pilot and several first episodes, intending to watch it sequentially.

Once I saw several stations running reruns, I couldn't resist DVRing them all (I'm bad).

So now I'm all over the place, but still enjoying the heck out of it!

@SeaMaiden @Pancho 

Pancho is correct - I meant binge-watchaholic.

Denise